LegacyGT.com

ip&t Oil line kit screw up

I ordered the oil line kit from infamous and believe I screwed up installing the extra line that comes with the full 3 line kit. For some dumb reason I thought the extra line went from the double banjo back to the screened banjo on the back of the p/s head. Problem is I destroyed the oem line in the process. My question is, is there another connection under the intake I can't see? I'm afraid of there is and I start the car it will puke oil everywhere. I sent a pm to Mike at infamous so he should be getting back with me just thought I would see if anyone could confirm an extra connection in between the avcs and the banjo on the back on the head.

I'm not sure what you're asking but

Stock it goes from back of head. That is split in 2. One to turbo, the other to avcs on front of head. It's one solid piece except that big nut where it disconnects before it hits the turbo.

There are no connections under the intake. Only one or two 10mm bolts holding the stock line down.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

It sounds to me like you already installed the kit correctly.

The extra line does replace the OEM hard line running between the port on the back of the head and the AVCS port.

With the filtered kit in place I personally would remove the screen from the banjo bolt.

One more thing, if using stock IHI turbo, you need to install tbe same restricted flow banjo bolt that was originally instaled at the turbo. The new oil line kit removes all oil flow restrictions.

Archived