LegacyGT.com

OBD-II and CAN code scanner suggestions

rhumb line

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but mods, please move if you like.

I've used a number of ODB II code readers before and am now looking to upgrade. I have a PLX Kiwo Bluetooth device that I use with my droid, and I also have a Cen-Tech code reader. For the 05 GT, I have an AccessPort as well.

I'm looking for something that has better information that can be updated and used on most any car. Something that can read ABS codes etc.

I'm now looking at an Actron CP9580A to cover the needs of the various vehicles in my stable.

The 'stable' includes a Ford Fusion Hybrid that has three different control modules and a car area network-- more than the cen-tech harbor freight stuff can handle.

Any thoughts or suggestions here for better options? [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP9580A-Enhanced-AutoScanner-Trilingual/dp/B008ZDYLC2/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&srs=2581721011&ie=UTF8&qid=1391166863&sr=1-6&keywords=Actron]Here's a link to the Actron[/ame], but it can be found for less if you're not in a hurry and keep looking at the auctions etc.

Always appreciated--

Archived