LegacyGT.com

ISO: harness pinout for 2008 Ltd. Radio/HVAC

profmathers

Hi all!

Does anybody have this info? I have searched extensively, and found just about everything except the 2008 pinout.

Trying to make an '08 67B radio work in an '05, and everything works but the radio illumination. There's another thread on that...I sorta overcomplicated it. Just need the pinout at this point. Will write up with pix if modifications are needed.

Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zmarko, you are a pal :)

Yup, everything works but the LED backlight, even the HVAC. Loads and changes CD's, radio works...don't have an Aux kit to try yet...

That's why I was kinda surprised that the previous thread didn't attract much interest. Probably because I garbaged it up with all kinds of extra info. Should've titled it "hey! the 08 radio ALMOST works!" Thanks for hanging in! I'm still a little concerned that the radio might've been damaged in shipping, just from being shaken around. They have a TSB out on faceplates.

I couldn't find the '08 pix, but I'll look again. I'm also working on a huge (perfectly legal download) of the AllData DVD's, but that's going to be a big hassle to get working.

Off to search for pictures!

No need to pop pins so far. If I'm reading correctly, the 14-pin is the same. I'm tracing through the illumination and accessory harnesses now...

of course if it's all the same, a couple things could still be true:

-production date of the car this came from being 8/07 means it's got an '07 radio

-i've got a bum 2008 radio, ref all the threads on the tsb here...

leaning away from the former due to the manual...have to rip the dash apart again for the latter.

I think if Profmathers could hook up with a local 08 owner to test his backlighting problems, he'd be well on his way.

Of course, zmarko if you were so inclined to check the swap and yours presented the same backlighting hurdle, we could be fairly sure that it is a wiring issue and not a dead faceplate that profmathers has in his hands.

what are the odds that the '07+ radio requires something be plugged into the aux port?

I think slim to none. I know many members here have swapped to an 07 radio for their 05-06's, and some have waited to get the AUX in. So I doubt it's necessary. If I can wake up early enough tomorrow, I may just pull both radios and test the '08 in the '05 and see what happens. But I'm not sure what time I have to go in to work yet (I'm stuck here now), so it may be tomorrow evening.

if you're willing to pull two dashes apart for this, i'll FedEx the beer :)

It's only like 8 screws I think. No worries. :)

Didn't get to it before work today (had to be here at 8:30). But I'm gonna try and leave early today, and we'll see if I can get it done early this evening.

Just got home from work, so I'm going out to try the swap now. Hope I don't blow anything. :lol:

Was there anything you didn't hook up? Or did you connect all of the harnesses?

Well I'd hate to see you blow anything up...

All of my connectors looked the same, and i did a quick test to make sure nothing was hot on one that wasn't on the other (before I had the awesome vacation pix.) Then...

...connecting the ground first...gulp...hooked 'em all up.

Ok. Do you want the good news, or the bad news first? :lol:

Good news? Ok.

• It works!! Both '08 radio and HVAC systems power up perfectly and displays on the '05 wiring harness and dim when the lights are turned on. It was daytime, so I can't be sure that the radio dials/buttons illuminate (the orange/red ones) but both HVAC and Radio displays work (on FM and CD). I have nothing hooked up to the satellite button, and nothing hooked up to the AUX button, so those of course did nothing when pressed.

The bad news?

• You may have gotten a bum unit from someone.

• And we have to assume that my radio is an '08 radio. As I've only had the car just over a month, I know the previous owner did some audio work on the car. New speakers, a cleansweep, amp, and I'm not sure if anything else. Did the 07's come with the "WOW" system, or was that an '08 only thing? There's a slim possibility that this is an '07 radio, but I doubt that. I'm pretty sure it's an '08, but cannot be 100% sure (the car was purchased new in Nov '08).

On to the pics/video. Forgive the crappiness, but these were taken with my camera phone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/IMAG0033.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/IMAG0034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/IMAG0035.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/IMAG0036.jpg

VIDEO0006.flv video by zmarko - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vidmg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v319/zmarko/VIDEO0006.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vidmg@@AMEPARAM@@mg@@AMEPARAM@@v319/zmarko/VIDEO0006

So maybe this gives a glimmer of hope to you.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! What brand of beer? I think I did get a bum unit, but I'm going to run through the diag procedures in the manual again now that it's not raining sideways here.

Actually, if you're going to switch them back, would you mind making a note of the full model number on the back? If it's like mine, it should end in 67B.

I'll run the diag on mine tonight and see how I do.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! What brand of beer? I think I did get a bum unit, but I'm going to run through the diag procedures in the manual again now that it's not raining sideways here.

Actually, if you're going to switch them back, would you mind making a note of the full model number on the back? If it's like mine, it should end in 67B.

I'll run the diag on mine tonight and see how I do.

Damn, just got finished putting them back (was running out of daylight). I'll try and get the model number tomorrow.

Don't worry about the beer. Just glad I could help.

oh and how the heck are you averaging 24.6 MPG? :)

I don't get on it too often. lol. I like to drive spiritedly, but there's only about 3 days worth of driving on that counter. 1 trip was full highway mileage, and the other 2 days was just to work and back (which is much like a highway). Plus it's kinda fun (to me) to see how high I can get the mileage. One time I got 29.x out of a tank mixed 75% highway, 25% in town driving. :lol:

Nice! I gave up hypermiling the LGT when I realized I was doing better in my truck :)

After seeing yours work, I called my part vendor and confirmed that they'd still refund me if I took off the face to see if I could find the problem. Turns out I should've done that sooner. Big chip off of the corner of the LED display unit, breaking a contact and exposing the whole thing to the air. D'oh! No marks on the outside...must've happened in the wreck and fallen off in shipping. Too bad the face is $400 from Subaru.

So here's what we've learned, for everybody: (I don't think we should write this up without hearing back from Opie...)

- Zmarko is a patient man willing to rip two dashes apart after work on a Thursday for some guy in Ohio...just because, or out of curiosity.

- On at least 2 occasions, a -67B 2008 LGT radio (P204UH) has worked in 2005 LGT's.

- My 2008 radio had been subjected to some serious violence (see attached) yet showed no external marks.

Now, don't y'all go buyin' all the 2008 junkyard radios until we have ours :)

Thanks again!

IMG_1333.thumb.jpg.0edac6d886a10f0c9e00bbb486ce427d.jpg

Ahhhh, I see how that broke there. Interesting how that was broken but no visible marks from the outside. Hopefully the guy you bought it from will A) refund your money, or 2) ship you a new one.

I'll PM Opie the link to this thread and see if he can chime in.

Yup, the vendor's even paying to have it picked up from my house. Nice folks! The photo didn't hurt. Hooray for macro.

I've gotta wonder how many PM's Opie gets that start with "you don't know me but..." I felt really bad bugging him in the first place. I just don't feel like I/we should write this up until we're sure that people's HVAC systems won't melt down after swapping :)

Archived