LegacyGT.com

UConn Car Club's 5th annual Car show

BIGWZ

http://www.uconncarclub.com/08showbanner.jpg

http://www.uconncarclub.com

uconncarclub@gmail.com

The UConn Car Club would like to invite you to be a part of our 5th Annual Spring Car Meet, on Saturday, April 19th, 2008. In the unfortunate event of rain, the show will be moved to Sunday, April 20th.

What you need to know:

W-Lot Commuter Parking Lot on the Storrs Campus

Directly off Storrs Rd (rt. 195)

Storrs CT, 06269

(see map below)

Hours:

Gates open @ 9:00 am

Registration closes at 12:00 pm

Gates close when the parking lot capacity has been reached

Events will take place between 11:30-2:00

Trophies by 3:00-4:00 pm

Price:

Free to spectators

$10 dollars to show

Parking:

There will be no pre-registration this year. If your group would like to park together, arrive early and drive in together as a group. The first map attached below lists parking lots in the area and their locations, so you can meet as a group before arriving at the show in order to drive in together.

Competitions:

Highest

Lowest

Loudest

Bragging Rights:

For those who have yet to see one of our shows, we tend to amass some of the greatest diversity of cars in one place. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest that there's something for everyone, including classics, domestics, imports, euros and even supercars. All makes, models and price ranges of vehicles are welcome.

Trophies:

Classes are listed below. There will be a 1st place and runner up for each category.

1980 & Up:

Import FWD

Import RWD

Import AWD

Euro Compact

Euro Midsize

Euro Luxury

Domestic Ford

Domestic Mopar

Domestic GM

Truck/SUV Street

Offroad

Performance ($50k+)

Supercar/Exotic

2/3 Wheelers

Pre-1980

Stock

Hot Rod

Resto-Mod

Specialty Awards:

Sleeper

Best Club (Quality)

Club Participation (Attendance)

UC3 Choice

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club that UC3 deems to have the highest quality entrants.

Other mentionables:

- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs, ands, or buts. Plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.

- Arrive with the people you want to park with, there will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see pics below for parking lots outside of the show that you can congregate at prior to arrival)

- Judging will be done by the attendees and will begin at exactly noon. Those who arrive past noon will not be allowed to register for judging.

- We will have porta-potties within the show and more food vendors as well.

Sponsors/Vendors:

If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor please contact the club for further details. Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any questions or comments to uconncarclub@gmail.com

http://www.uconncarclub.com/kris/parking.jpg

http://www.uconncarclub.com/kris/map.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never go to this even though I go to the school. Usually the guys and the cars they display in front of the student union when promoting this event are all beaters/ricers... lol so i never took it serious. There are some nice cars on campus but 95% of them are riced out if modified or arrogant assholes anyway.

might have to join in on this... ive never been but have heard about it.

I run Wings Over Storrs so maybe i can be a vendor too! :)

LOL dude? Last time I had them my wings were all crap... you need to work on quality control :lol:

BIGWZ,

are you a member there? if so, i've met you. I'm ray, you've probably seen my merkur XR4Ti and focus SVT there before.

yeah, we probably have met in one of the meetings or the cruise back in the fall.. i only joined this year

• 2 weeks later...

Do we want to get a Leggy spot to meet before the show and all roll in together? Would be nice to have a row og LGTs and not one or two stuck between STis....anyone...place to meet?

I'm hoping to get off work to be sure and make this one..

I am just a lurker but I may be there in my Supra. If you see a black hardtop Supra turbo come say hello.

And if by chance anyone knows where I may be able to locate an 07 gt limited wagon let me know, I need a test drive, my Expedition is killing me.

Archived