LegacyGT.com

power antenna 97 Legacy

Hi..

New to this fourm but have owned 5 subaru's..My lastest is a one owner 1997 Legacy LSI.. just bought in seattle..Love the car but i need a new power antenna..just the Mast as the everything else works great..checked at dealer and they want 65.00 for a new one.. anyone know of a better deal out there? Feel free to let me know daddycool100@yahoo.com (jeff)

• 4 months later...
If you fix yours, let me know how it goes and what you did. I'm probably going to have to replace mine...it makes a kind of grinding noise and won't go down the whole way. The motor works fine as far as I can tell...but it gets stuck about 1/4 of the way down and will not go down any farther no matter how much i try to "encourage" it. I hear the enging working...but it's almost like something is stuck in the mast and is keeping it from going down the whole way. Are you having something similar? I'm a little afraide to even try to replace the thing because to begin with...I don't know how the heck to remove it.

Congrats on that find, they only made 97 LSi trims for approx half of that model year. I loved my 95.

Anywho, the part you are looking for is called the 'rod and nut'. Search using Part # 86323AC030.

www.subaruparts.com has it for approx. $36.

Its a relatively easy fix once you get the thing out. I actually found a writeup which I followed to repair mine. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727441&highlight=power+antenna

My one struggle was getting the motor assembly apart. I had to put it in a vise to wrench the mast from the motor. Putting the new one in was no problem though.

Good luck!

Also, you didn't specify whether or not its a sedan or wagon. The writeup is for a wagon, but there is a sedan one as well.

Archived