LegacyGT.com

07 LGT Stats

Has anyone out there taken their 07 lgt's to the track. I was interested in knowing the stock quarter mile times for the 07's since they are supposedley putting down more power then previous year lgt's.:icon_idea

i don't understand why 06 got 250hp and 07 got 243hp

is it less power or what kind of trick

The scientific way horsepower is calculated has been changed. From Wikipedia:

SAE-certified horsepower

In 2005, the Society of Automotive Engineers introduced a new test procedure for engine horsepower and torque.[6] The procedure eliminates some of the areas of flexibility in power measurement, and requires an independent observer present when engines are measured. The test is voluntary, but engines completing it can be advertised as "SAE-certified".

Many manufacturers began switching to the new rating immediately, often with surprising results. The rated output of Cadillac's supercharged Northstar V8 jumped from 440 hp (328 kW) to 469 hp (350 kW) under the new tests, while the rating for Toyota's Camry 3.0 L 1MZ-FE V6 fell from 210 hp (157 kW) to 190 hp (142 kW). The first engine certified under the new program was the 7.0 L LS7 used in the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Certified power rose slightly from 500 hp (373 kW) to 505 hp (377 kW).

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

i don't understand why 06 got 250hp and 07 got 243hp

is it less power or what kind of trick

I meant that they are dynoing higher. I know about the change in the sae rating.

Has anyone out there taken their 07 lgt's to the track. I was interested in knowing the stock quarter mile times for the 07's since they are supposedley putting down more power then previous year lgt's.:icon_idea

please quote where you got this info, thats news to me

i'd like to see some more dyno's. with the catless up stock and the three ECM map settings' date=' it would seems somewhat likely that a bit more power could be possible. Not huge, but some.[/quote']

The ECM settings have no bearing on peak power or torque, so those numbers wont look different, however sport # does more aggressively map throttle response, boost and ignition timing to hit peak power and torque faster in the power band, but it still maxes out at the same.

So just ignore the SI Drive factor and just focus on the catless uppipe, it might factor in.

The ECM settings have no bearing on peak power or torque, so those numbers wont look different, however sport # does more aggressively map throttle response, boost and ignition timing to hit peak power and torque faster in the power band, but it still maxes out at the same.

So just ignore the SI Drive factor and just focus on the catless uppipe, it might factor in.

explain this then....only mod...SPT intake

I Drive - 189.80 whp / 185.36 tq

S Drive - 234.28 whp / 232.45 tq

S# Drive - 231.65 whp / 233.51 tq

That was on a spec b I believe for the numbers, but yes the 07's seem to have a little more power to the wheels, which would not surprise me at all, considering no cat in up pipe, which should elad to quicker spool, and something a little different about the turbo, but Im not sure what it is, I think if you do a search here, there is some info on that.

Chris

yes' date=' spec b. but same power plant in the GT.[/quote']

ignore the I drive mode that is an electronically limited peak hp and torque value and shouldnt really be part of the discussion, but the S and S# dyno peak torque and hp numbers are nearly identical, so what is the issue?

if you are asking why the 07 spec B numbers are higher than the 07 LGT numbers, there is a totally different thread for that. this discussion is about 07 LGT power vs 05-06 LGT power.

No issue. I haven't seen any '07 GT numbers. Given the numbers seen on the spec b and given the '07's share the same powerplant, catless up, etc. I can see why the '07 GT may be putting down a tiny bit more power when compared to an '05 or '06 GT. But who cares about stock...a lot of us are stage 1, 2 or more anyway.

No issue. I haven't seen any '07 GT numbers. Given the numbers seen on the spec b and given the '07's share the same powerplant' date=' catless up, etc. I can see why the '07 GT may be putting down a tiny bit more power when compared to an '05 or '06 GT. [b']But who cares about stock...a lot of us are stage 1, 2 or more anyway[/b].

i dont really care and neither do you, but for some reason its of importance to the original poster who asked the question.

Ok should quicker spool in turbo at least because of catless up pipe, Im sure there is a lil more power, but shouldnt be anything huge like 20 hp, maybe like 5.

Chris

going from a catted up to a catless up pipe when tuned for it a car can gain 8-12whp. at least that's what i've heard from TDC and Crucial racing.

edkwon=cool beans

I agree it mattered to the original poster...AND ME! While I only own an auto (07GT) I have combed the internet fairly well for info on my car, and have seen more than once, talk of having more power in the 07. In fact in some other forum there was talk of hitting 14.5 with an auto. Now I am well aware that the even 06 manuals hit 13.9 stock, but from what I have gathered 06 atuos have hit around 14.9, which is a rather large gap in 1/4 performance, especially for having the same engine. But I guess we will know if and when I get her on a dyno!

edkwon=cool beans

I agree it mattered to the original poster...AND ME! While I only own an auto (07GT) I have combed the internet fairly well for info on my car, and have seen more than once, talk of having more power in the 07. In fact in some other forum there was talk of hitting 14.5 with an auto. Now I am well aware that the even 06 manuals hit 13.9 stock, but from what I have gathered 06 atuos have hit around 14.9, which is a rather large gap in 1/4 performance, especially for having the same engine. But I guess we will know if and when I get her on a dyno!

Finally!!!!!!! Someone understands what I was asking. Jeez!!!! People getting all emotional in here. All I wanted to know was if there was anyone with real numbers backing up these claims. Also I believe their is no differences to the motor of an 07 gt and 07 b spec.

I was interested in knowing the stock quarter mile times for the 07's since they are supposedley putting down more power then previous year lgt's.

please quote where you got this info, thats news to me

. . .

the op spouts a bunch of crap out of his pie hole, doesn't cite his sources when asked, then chastises members for "getting emotional". get a life.

the op spouts a bunch of crap out of his pie hole, doesn't cite his sources when asked, then chastises members for "getting emotional". get a life.

Listen nutsville, I have a life. What are you a drill sergeant from south carolina, relax with the pie hole comment. All I asked was a simple question. I read threads on this forum that said the (Rallitek) 07 lgt spec b was dynoing more hp then previous years. I wanted to know if any one else had any numbers supporting this claim. Whether it was on the dyno or the track. And by the way I was not chastising anyone but I would start with you if I was.

All right you!!!two relax!!!!!! Ever look at 0-60 times for both? They are extremely variable for all cars.It is almost certain that a cat-less up-pipe will provide a little more HP. On the other hand the 07 weighs a little more. You might as well be arguing about how many angels can dance on a pin point!!!:spin:
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Archived