LegacyGT.com

Hogzaust trouble

wrx-auto-x

i went out to the car with the intent on installing the washers for the hogzaust mod. so i got my tools and laid down under the car, put the socket on, and low and behold, that bolt wouldnt budget a bit. i scraped a bunch of rust off the flanges and tapped the bolts with a hammer to try and break free some rust. i sprayed pb blaster, waited a while and still they hold strong. my 02 wrx wasnt this much trouble with exhaust bolts, my lgt is an 06. other than more pb blaster and elbow grease any ideas on how to get these suckers off. i dont have air tools so thats not an option, i wish it was. other than going to the family mechanic and asking him how much he would charge to get them off for me im not sure what to do.

^^^u just need more leverage. if you don't have a pipe or breaker bar...grab 2 combination open/box end wrenches. boxend of the correct size wrench on your bolt...then put the box end of the 2nd wrench in the open end of the first...think you get the point. gives ya some more leverage to break it loose.

edit...just like this picture...

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Tech/Wrench/step2/739033512_bRcuU-M.jpg

You just need more theverage, breaker bars at the best. I sympathize with the rust issue, my '06 was the same way underneath.

Option two...don't do hogzaust. I have invidia UP/DP with a Cobb intake and my car sounds perfect IMO...Pretty much stock rumble

because it sounds cool... LMAO

Yes I have it done. Does it hurt anything no, does it add a little growl to the car, yes. So who cares. It's my car, Its his car, He can do what he pleases to it and takes the responsibility of what he does.

I don't see the need to rag on him over it if it doesn't hurt your car. And yes I am saving for an exhaust, at the SAME time as having the hogzaust done... OH MY. Plus if I really want to drive a nice sounding car I'll take my Beretta out.

well, ive decided to leave well enough alone and just wait till i get stationed and get a full tbe. i was feeling a bit overzealous for the boxer sound. i had a 3" tbe on my wrx i traded and was really missing it. so instead of risking breaking bolts or stripping the heads im gonna wait till i have the new exhaust when it wont matter if i have to cut something off. lol. thx for the suggestions guys.

Archived