LegacyGT.com

Sport mode light flashes

FSM mentions this. 5-AT Diag -2. Basically says to hook up to computer to read diag code. My guess is this is a manufacturer-specific code so you'll probably need the dealer. Could be as simple as a loose connector. It just a matter of deciding whether to troubleshoot on your own or pay up the diagnostic fee and (maybe) know for sure...

sport mode flashing is like check engine for the tranny.

that being said you can pull the codes by the onboard diagnostic system ( connect green terminals inside fuse box push the trip meter with in 5 seconds of turning on the key and voila you have your error code search for more information all 05 legacys have this ability)

a common thing with 05's i can make any 05 auto sport light flash by either driving the car put in N and shut of engine and then turn the key back on while the car is still moving. of by turning the key on and putting the car into N and rolling down a hill.

i think that code is like 730 or 728 something about can comunication error. basically the tranny is turning but the engine is not and the tcu freaks out about that. my bosses 07 doesnt do that so i guess they fixed that programming.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived