LegacyGT.com

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/adosdrummer/Screenshot6_zps4ff90989.png

A 3in hybrid I made for a customer.. and the crazy thing is all the power it made on a tune for a stock intake.. so he still needs a re tune.. the afr's are now in the 11's when it was tuned to lean 12's.. :cool:

this was on a 2006 impreza 2.5i 5spd.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819

on the first page you can see the hybrid intake. I will get pictures of the one I made. I used a s2k aem intake.. had plenty of pipe left over. So possibly you can find a good deal online for one used and re-create.

on a side note.. my calipers showed the aem intake to be 2.85in.. so not a true 3in..

and on another note, we also cleaned the grounds on the car, and added one line from the battery to the strut tower, and another to the dbw tb, and back to the batter. could be snake oil, no way to know since that happened at the same time as the hybrid intake.

Oh look, numbers for once ;) After reading through that whole thread on NASIOC I was wondering about that. About 180 whp with a stock intake and a tune on an Impreza? Not bad. What I'm wondering is if a tune can make up for the losses at the lower end while maintaining output at WOT with the gains from the intake.

I'd be interested in looking at more numbers as well. I'm not out for power, but more is never a bad thing.

I can also get a stock tune pull with intake If you guys ask nicely. I hope to re-tune his car sunday.

Asking nicely.

Definitions are available for 05/06/08/09 legacy 2.5i's both in AT and MT. Not 07.

Why does it make a difference? I know 08+ are PZEV and run a bit differently with less power, but apart from that why does the year matter between the '06 and '07? Would the ECU not recognize the tune?

Just curious.. I don't know many specifics about engine tuning, maps, etc.

well the dyno graph is crank horsepower first off. a stock LGT dyno's at 190 at the wheels. Anyway, the delta is what's important anyway. Certain people on the romraider forum build definitions for the cars, so no one really has for the 07, and cobb doesn't waste time on 2.5i's. Perhaps it was the start of VVT/lift in 06-07 that caused a definition issue. Maybe it took them a while and they said whatever we'll do the 2008 pzev stuff now, perhaps the canbus system also changed in 2007 like the LGT.

The dyno graph you posted says whp (then again it also says wrx, so who knows) That's why I was surprised at your claims considering we're only making about 130 at the wheels. I knew you couldn't make nearly that much just with a tune, never mind an intake. That's balls.

I am not looking for what it says the car makes to the ground. I chose the wrx in there because its similar in weight, there was no choice for a n/a 2.5i 5speed impreza

I'm only looking for the difference between the runs. After some more tuning today I got a graph that said it made 208whp.. but shortly before I could upload a new map and do another log my computer died. So I am not going to count the 208 pull realistic until I can do it again back to back..

and again, this is only for a reference between tunes. not to find real horsepower.

Archived