LegacyGT.com

Electrical Problem?

For some odd reason today my radio just started to raise and lower it's volume on it's own. Has this ever happen to anybody? Spoke to a friend that has a 05 WRX and he says that is radio has turn off by it's self and would not turn back on until he turned off the car and restarted the car.

Yeah, i had the same problem. soon after the volume problem happened the radio display started going off and on at random times.

I called my subaru dealer service department, and the service manager said this is actually becoming a common problem. he said that the problem was in the radio / climate control unit, and that the radio / climate control center needs to be replaced.

he had that whole radio / ac unit replaced and the problems are all gone now.

get it replaced soon, it will actually start to get worse. mine eventually started to change cds for me.

I've had the same problems.

First the radio lights went out (maybe HVAC too, not sure if I was using it), and wouldn't come back on until the car sat overnight. Then, just a few days ago, the radio started changing volume by itself. I thought I was going nuts, but I just left it alone, and sure enough, it just keep lowering the volume all by itself.

I have yet to get to the dealer... We'll see what they say.

When I was leaving the automated car park at the airport last week, the drivers window wouln't open at all. In the end I had to open the door to push my credit card in the machine. Then after the barrier raised and I started driving off, the window opened all by itself once I got into 2nd gear.

My wife was with me so I wasn't hallucinating, hasn't happend since though, Spooky !

Archived