LegacyGT.com

snorkus deletion!?

Who can explain to me the pros and cons or snorkus removal? Thinking about doing this later today sunset it will be a cheap and easy mod. I have heard people say they got throttle response improvements and mpg's. Also heard it improved sound alot. Help me out

The pros are almost non-existent. The biggest change to sound is the addition of an annoying humming noise. Removing the snorkus will cause the MAF to give false readings from about half to WOT when below 3,500 RPM.

If you want your motor louder and think that it would sound cool like that then do it. I've read many threads on it and that is why I still have mine intact. Too many of the people who have tried it disliked the results and re-installed it. Not one of them has any proof that it helps.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

my old legacy, 1990 2.2 5mt was great, clayton's 95 postal wagon auto, great, wife's 96 2.5 legacy with 2.2 swap auto trans, bogs from a start. did it with the 2.5, and with the 2.2. same ecu trans and all. Her car unfortunately, had it's "snorkus" crushed and disintegrated in a wreck. So... Looks like I will be yanking one off next time i am at the junk yard.

The pros are almost non-existent. The biggest change to sound is the addition of an annoying humming noise. Removing the snorkus will cause the MAF to give false readings from about half to WOT when below 3,500 RPM.

I wonder if my snorkus is gone because my car is always doing that annoying hum and it has the bad MAF readings, and I have already replaced the MAF once. Plus my engine sounds louder than my mom's Outback when accelerating.

Archived