LegacyGT.com

Subaru Trivia...2006 LGT vs 2005 LGT

The 2006 sedan is still available with a manual. The wagon isn't.

One of the differences I've noticed is that the trip computer display is a little different - the Passenger Airbag indicator has been moved off of it onto a little display by the map lights.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

1.) The headlights on the 06 are full chrome, while the 05 were chrome and black.

2.) The "Legacy" on the tach is red on the 05, white on the 05.

3.) The exhaust tips are a little different beween the two years.

4.) The 06 has steering wheel mounted radio controls for the manual, where the 05 does not.

I was wondering for fact finding what the differences were between the two model years:

1. Cosmetic a.) Intereior

b.) Exterior

2. Models

3. Any little tidbits that we overlooked.

Let's see what we all know!

we should do something like this for teh n00bs, they have to score a 100% to be allowed to post.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

4.) The 06 has steering wheel mounted radio controls for the manual, where the 05 does not.

Only on the Spec B.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

a: interior: airbag on/off light moved, no more button above the DISP button on trip compputer that brightens and dims gauge lights

b: exterior headlight bezels are now silver instead of gray, center wheel caps have subaru logo, side of car has more side impact protection (strengtheded B pillar)

2: no base GT models available, no stick wagon, nav available on ltd autos, **they ARE making a non limited xt wagon it will be available to SNE by special order in dec, and spec B duh ;)

3: the rest of the legacy changes effect the 2.5i only like new manifold and header, 8 more hp etc.....

i think i got most of it right??

no more button above the DISP button on trip compputer that brightens and dims gauge lights

Onme of my favorite features...full dashboard light intensity at night or in dim lighting...not dark inside enough....but must have exterior lights on...

The feature described in this thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21549

']One of the first things I wanted to do on my 2006 Legacy GT was find the connectors used to display DTCs on the instrument panel, described in:

http://tinypic.com/ehcg0h.jpg

http://tinypic.com/ehcg2x.jpg

So I poked around the fuse box area through the little hatch and found nothing. So I pulled the whole lower dash off and still nothing like what's described in the 2005 service manual. So I go to TechInfo.subaru.com and search on a few phrases used in the description from the 2005 service manual, like Diagnostic Trouble Code Display Mode and Entering Diagnosis Mode. I get hits from the 2005 Legacy manual, of course, but nada from the 2006 Legacy manual.

So I've concluded the capability to pull powertrain, ABS and TCU trouble codes via the dash must have been a gift from Subaru to all the 2005 Legacy GT folks for taking a chance on a first-year model.

I think the headliner may have changed.

IIRC, the 05s had grey headliners for all cars, taupe interior or black. After looking at 06s, the Black interior and Black/Red Spec B cars have the grey headliner with black welting around the side windows.

The taupe cars, including ALL outbacks for 06, have a taupe headliner, with taupe welting around the side windows.

I noticed, because the old taupe interior cars had the grey headliner, and I thought the color transition looked bad from tan to pale grey, just not right. The 06 seems not to have that problem, as it all seems to be taupe.

So, we should start a list, and add to it, instead of just posting this bit here, and that there. I'll start the list when I get home, in an hour or two, if one isn't already started by then.

Didn't the '05 have a small MOMO logo on the bottom spoke of the steering wheel? My '06 does not. I think I lost 5 hp just because of that.

That sucks!:eek:

Take it back immediately! I get a lot of play just because of that little badge.

Ladies love teh MOMO.:lol:

One of my favorite features...full dashboard light intensity at night or in dim lighting...not dark inside enough....but must have exterior lights on...

That feature is till there. On the 06 you use the dash lighting level control near the exterior mirror control. It's a dimmer with the top position being full bright and works regardless of headlight conditions.

ignore him, he'll go away.

On a more significant note, the '06s perform better in side crash tests. Wish I had known that before I bought my '05 OBXT a few weeks ago, given that I use it to haul my two kids around.

"The Legacy was redesigned for the 2005 model year, and this model was rated marginal for side impact protection. Beginning with 2006 models, Subaru changed the Legacy's side structure, front seats, and front seat-mounted torso airbags to improve occupant protection in side crashes."

Full link here: http://www.iihs.org/news/2005/pr110205.html

That sucks!:eek:

Take it back immediately! I get a lot of play just because of that little badge.

Ladies love teh MOMO.:lol:

Just make sure your wheel's not turned upside down when the car's parked...

"Are you hurting your car? Why does the wheel say OWOW?"

Archived