LegacyGT.com

Tire Review 4th Gen GT stock 17" wheels

kcLGT05

Hey guys. I'm going to be purchasing 4 new shoes for my lady (LGT) just curious on anyone's experiences with different tires. I've been looking at Continental Extreme Contact DWS and Hankook Ventus S1 Noble. Any opinions? Greatly appreciated.

Most of us have learned to run the Conti's at 40psi. They handle great for a all season tire.

I enjoy both sets of mine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The hankooks are nice had those on my Mazda 6 they handle very good in wet and dry traction not so good in the snow though but with awd they shouldn't be to bad I had great success with the pair I had before I sold the car

I'm going through the same thing myself, trying to find the best all season for the price. The winters here are light to heavy snow and I live in the country... the Hankooks that are on it are horrible in the snow.

Tire Rack has a sale on Bridgestone Potenza RE-970s for $133 each recently. I don't know if they're still on sale. I got my dealer to order them at Tire Racks price and paid with Subaru Bucks.

These tires are great in the dry and wet (rain, slush). Snow traction in light snow is good, but there not many Ultra high performace all season tires that are good in deep snow.

Good Luck in your search.

The forum is loaded with tire threads. You just have to look.

• 2 weeks later...

According to DiscountTire, Conti discontinued the DWs apparently due to the inside shoulders wearing quickly. I had this issue with just one tire so I had to replace them. 3/4 of my tires would have gotten probably 5-10K more but due to the shoulder wear on the one, I replaced them with the Yoko YK580s. There is a new model in place of the DSWs but I don't remember the name. Discount tire says YK580 and the model in place of the DWS is "better" but we'll see.

The Yokos feel much more responsive but not sure if it's because they're brand new, less than 50 miles on em.

According to DiscountTire, Conti discontinued the DWs apparently due to the inside shoulders wearing quickly. I had this issue with just one tire so I had to replace them. 3/4 of my tires would have gotten probably 5-10K more but due to the shoulder wear on the one, I replaced them with the Yoko YK580s. There is a new model in place of the DSWs but I don't remember the name. Discount tire says YK580 and the model in place of the DWS is "better" but we'll see.

The Yokos feel much more responsive but not sure if it's because they're brand new, less than 50 miles on em.

This is complete Bullshit. Continental didn't discontinue the DWS at all. Discount Tire is in the process of no longer carrying it.

Discount Tire had Continental create for them an exclusive model almost the exact same named ControlContactSport AS, which replaces the DWS.

In my opinion, Discount Tire and other tire sales houses, have exclusive tires made from manufactures in an attempt to eliminate price matching.

I got Conti DWS on my Legacy when I bought it used. They were brand new and I have over 50K on them with running them at Subaru recommended psi. Never a problem and PA has some rough a$$ roads.

Wouldn't 40psi make the center wear faster.

Looking at the Pirelli Cinturato P7's next.

May also want to look at Kumho Ecsta 4X.

I'm currently running Conti DWS. Yes they are good in snow and quiet. But even at 40psi they are soft, compared to the Dunlop SP Sport Signature tires I had before them.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Archived