LegacyGT.com

Cannot get air bled after changing power steering pump

Help! We have 3 Legacys, an 02 Legacy GT Ltd sedan and 2 05 Legacy GT Ltd turbo wagons. Have owned Forester and Impreza also. Obviously love them. Have even swapped motors on two of them. No problems but something simple like ps pump replacement is kicking my a..! I read the advice posts to lift front end and turn lock to lock. Have done that with car off then on. Did that all evening yesterday. When it foamed I quit and gave it time to settle down. Got in to try it this morn and steering totally tight like i hadnt bled it. Jacked it back up today and lock to lock again. When car is off it will release a little bubble but it also drains and refills reservoir as u turn wheel back and forth. Then if I start car it belches fluid out the top again. When does it stop!? Any advice?

can only suggest what Chiltons says. It does say to NOT turn wheel lock to lock. just continually side to side. Letting it settle and again until no more air bubbles or foam occur.

O.

Tthanks. I thought other advice i had read was L to L. But I will try just doing partial turn. I read that the system is designed to bleed off air by itself. Im assuming that just means little residual amts. Not all the air. Got to get it fixed. Daughter needs to go back to work tomorrow.

I have swapped power steering racks and when I bled it I did the lock to lock technique and it worked for me. I wish I had some better advice for you.

Jump on it, Let's do it, Ride it, My Pony...

EL4NFZT7

• 1 year later...

Archived