LegacyGT.com

GOOD buying experience in Northern Virginia

Mindflayer

A posted a few days ago about the bad experience I had. A sales manager from the same dealership called me yesterday, asking to seal the deal. He was a straight-shooter, and honored the first deal that was offered. On top of that, Subaru's regional sales manager for the Southeast called me today, and apologized on behalf of Subaru. He then tried to convince me to buy the Legacy GT Limited over the Infiniti G35x, but I had already made up my mind. ;) Long story short - I enjoyed working wit Joe Durso of Dulles Motorcars. He made what had been a bad customer service experience a good one. The finance manager was also a joy - he did not push anything down our throats, showed us everything he was doing, and even recommended some options to us. Joe's a great guy, so if you live in the DC metro area, give him a shout. His number is 703-669-6873, or 1-800-879-3537.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry, I had to sound off.... Stohlmans hooked me up...I got my GTLM under invoice from Richie over there and the sales manager gave me strong money on my trade. I did have a slight bump in the road with the trade but that has now been resolved and I couldnt be happier... Dulles are good people too...but there ARE bad apples there...which drove me to Stohlman, and two Subaru's later Im still happy with the sales there...but service at Dulles is hands down better... Beau

I like stohlmans too, bought my WRX from richie, he is a great guy always willing to help you out the best he can, and I would have bought the car if I could have gotten what I got for my trade in at Dulles. But Dulles offered me over 2k more, you would be crazy to not take that kind of deal :)

• 3 weeks later...
Well then I would say in my opinion... Best deal out the door....Richie at Stohlman (tell him Beau sent you) Best Service post sale.....Dulles Subaru hands down Best for trade....well thats up to you...work the deal on the car first, dont tell them you have a trade, then negotiate the trade after you have your price on the car you want out the door (tax, tags, frieght). I did OK at Stohlmans, but still lost money...it was inevitable... Beau

• 4 weeks later...
Joe at Dulles Jeep/Subaru sold me my Jeep Wrangler - he was great to deal with. The deal went south from there....not Joe's fault but everyone there was blaming everyone else. End result was that after months of BS, I got a refund check for the accessories I ordered but never received. We went to Stohlman to buy our WRX wagon (now for sale, by the way). They were horrible.....giving us a car with a damaged exhaust and then refusing to deal with it (kudos to the guys in service and parts at Dulles - they stepped up and worked with the factory rep to remedy). I decided to start clean with Fitzmall to order my LGT - they seem to have their act together and are efficient and the price is right. Plus, the buying experience was more like ordering a pizza than dealing with a car dealer. I will follow up on this post with my impressions after getting the car delivered. We all know dealers are our buddies pre-sale.....then dissappear once they take the check from us.

[quote name='mr_luv']im a noob here and to the world of subie, so is there a final word on the overall best dealerships as far as trade customer service and final pricing out the door?[/QUOTE] Fitzmall in Gaithersburg. Ask for Dave Melson [email]dmelson@fitzmall.com[/email] Fixed price per car, invoice on all accessories from Subaru.

Archived