LegacyGT.com

The New SPT Exhaust

DickDastardly00

Does anyone know the ETA on the new SPT exhaust? I was just at Auburn Subaru last week picking up some parts when I grabbed an advertisement of SPT parts and the new SPT Exhaust for the Legacy was on there. It said the cat-back exhaust was coming soon.

The main reason why I'm so interested in the new SPT exhaust is that it will have a 3-inch Y-pipe, and from the description, it sounds like a quality build this time around. Plus you know it will be on the quite side, and that's what I'm after....slightly louder than stock, but not obnoxious.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

No input on ETA, but did you happen to get an estimated retail price on it?

The advertisement said the retail price is $849. Very competitive with what's already out their, another reason why I'm interested.

One thing about having a 3" Y-pipe....

It makes the flanges a ground clearance issue;)

I'm hoping the fitment will prevent any ground clearance issues. It better be OEM quality, or I'll go elsewhere. I really like the Fujitsibo Legalis Exhaust too, but it's pricey, but the sound is amazing, and exactly what I'm looking for so it's tempting....

I really need to look into the Megan exhaust too, Quad tips would be cool. They kinda give off the BMW M3 vibe:icon_mrgr

At this point I'm still open to a few possiblities, but I've taken the Borla, Perrin, Greddy Evo 2, and Autospeed Cat Back exhausts off my potential buy list.

I found it helpful to use the process of elimination on exhausts, rather than compare each one head to head. It makes it less confusing that way lol. Here are the reason why I ruled out each exhaust:

Borla: I don't like the mufflers, and it's too quiet

Perrin: Nice sounding, but too loud

Greddy: Also too loud

Autospeed: I really don't like the Rear Sway bar relocator thing. I have Cusco sways, front and back and right now I don't have any rubbing issues or clunks and I want to keep it that way.....

All Axleback systems: Not interested, I want a complete exhaust system. I don't want to fart around buying piece by piece and try to make them fit. I'll buy a Cobb DP seperately, but the exhaust has to be a cat back at least.

Turboback Exhaust: I'm still interested in Cobb's system, but I'm not going to wait another year for them to come out with it.....

This leaves the SPT exhaust, or possibly the new Bosal, and The Fujitsibo Legalis as the potential purchases on my list; unless Cobb's exhaust comes out soon.

Archived