LegacyGT.com

Radio Fuzz

The antenna is in the rear window, odds are the wire harness has some borken wires in it where the trunk or rear hatch on the wagon go through the gromet.

I had four broken wires there in my wagon. My friends body shop fixed all the broken wires then for $120.00.

The dealer is a lot more to do the same fix.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The other day it snowed and i needed to use the rear defrost button but when i did it caused the radio to go fuzzy, but not when i use the CD player, any thougts!?!?!?!?

I've got the exact same issue. Never thought anything of it, not too much of a big deal.

Common problem on all cars. The rear defrost lines on the rear window have cracks in them and the electricity is jumping and making static. You have to find where the cracks 1 of 2 ways:

1. Turn on the rear defroster and run steel wool alone the lines. When you see sparks, that's where the break is.

2. Turn on the rear defroster and use a infrared thermometer along the lines. When you see a cold spot, that's the break.

To fix it, get the repair kit at your local auto parts store. One company is:

Permatex 15067 Quick Grid Rear Window Defogger Repair Kit

Archived