LegacyGT.com

cobb ap v1

phantom208

ok iv been digging on this site for the last few months and its time for my first post so bare with me. i recently purchased a stock 2005 lgt that came with a cobb ap not the newer one, it was stolen from my car the second week i had it. before it was taken i pluged it in and descoverd that the car was set on stage 2. by the time i figured out that wasnt a good thing it was gone. so i would like to know what mod requirments are for the old stage 2 maps? would it be possible to buy a new ap and reprogram the car? hope that makes sence its later hear thanks for any help

Mod requirements are the same. COBB says you need a turbo back exhaust. Most here agree that you can get away with simply removing the first cat in the down pipe or getting a high flow catted or catless after market down pipe. You should also remove the cat in the up pipe (pre turbo) as well but that has never been an official requirement just a good idea as some folks have had the UP cat come apart and destroy the turbo.

I don't think you can simply plug in a V2 AP. I think you may need to send your ECU to COBB to have them remove the V1 maps before you can load a new map.

If you've got the mods though, you should be fine running a stage 2 map.

You may be able to reprogram using open source too (vag-com cable and a lap top with romraider and ecuflash software). Do more research on this though.

Archived