LegacyGT.com

tein basics vs.koni yellows/h&r springs...my thinking is.

i know the koni yellows are amazing, and i had tein before, and loved them. i am deciding to buy one or other in next few weeks, here is my thoughts....input is much appreciated.

koni/springs-

pros: better ride quality, durability, rebuildable

cons: cost, more difficult to install, need spacers for rear end of my wagon

tein coilovers-

pros: easier install, a little less expensive, adjustable ride height, durable(my last set lasted almost 70k)

cons: not as easy to rebuild, harsher ride, more tire wear

i am leaning towards the teins, i live no where close to a mechanic i trust to cut and install the koni inserts, i know i can install the teins, i did them on my last car, that is a big reason im leaning towards the teins. what does everyone think?

I would go with the Teins. I think if you don't mind the slightly harsher ride and you want a little more low it is a no brainer. I love mine and I think they are the perfect coils for a DD.
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance

if you're worried about cutting the stock struts for the konis, don't be, it's really easy stuff. do a search for the pipe cutter method it's simple.

im running h&r with konis, overall like the combo and for me personally its low enough. was considering the basics but im happy with my ride quality this way since mine is a dd. adjustable ride height would be nice though.

Archived