LegacyGT.com

What changes are you making to your Legacy?

What changes are you making to your Legacy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What changes are you making to your Legacy?

• Nothing - I love it as-is!
    • New rubber!
    • Engine mods - I need more power!
    • Suspension mods
    • All of the above!

Mesh grille for the hoodscoop & radiator. New tires. Then I'll wait and wait and wait, until someone blows up their tranny, just to see how much power it can handle before doing any power mods (ECUtek).

Not that I am buying one soon, but when I do... GT Ltd. 5MT sedan, RB or Silver. Black leather. tinted windows, if not already done. Clear indicator headlights (hid, if OEM available in future.) wire mesh grille, maybe hood scoop, but probably not. Wheels & tires. 18" forged. See tire update thread. Short shifter, maybe with stiffer bushings. Defi BF Boost, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure gauges, HUD display, if they ever come to the US market. (JDM only, right now.) tire pressure monitor, and Valentine 1. Guages, tire indicators, V1 remote display all mounted into a smoked plexi panel, nicely installed into the cubby location. modestly agressive body kit, rear decklid lip spoiler. Mellow, free-er flowing turbo-back exhaust. STi suspension bits. to firm up handling and minimizing body roll, without getting too harsh. Brembo/STI brake kit, or StopTech kit. ECU flash, something like COBB's AccessECU & AccessPORT After that, maybe more engine mods, maybe not.

1. ECU reflash (Cobb or similar) 2. 235/40-ZR17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 or Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 tires on 17 x 8.5 [url=http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=wrx&cat=wheels&prodid=671]SSR Comp[/url] wheels (if the combination clears the fenders). 3. Downpipe and turbo-back exhaust with sports cat. 4. Springs & shocks (ideally slightly stiffer and lower than OEM). My son has Kumhos on his WRX and they are incredibly sticky for the price, especially on the wet, and way superior to the OEM Bridgestones.

Summer and winter tires (done already). I'm not sure I can live with the suspension softness. It's great for soaking up bumps though. Still thinking about it. Bushings for the shifter might be a good idea to make the shifts more positive. Tom

Guest *Jedimaster*
Better tires- as long as they don't detract from ride comfort, reflash from COBB, and new exhaust (mine is an OB XT with the two tiny tailpipes). I'll also add one of those plastic hood protector thingies, a cargo tray, nets, auto dimming mirror and subwoofer. Plus, I'll put the MOMO shifter from my WRX in.

One change that I'm definitely going to make is to get rid of that annoying seat belt chime. I can't believe they make it chime even when you're just sitting in a parked car. Yeah you can get rid of it by buckling and unbuckling the seat belt, but it is too troublesome.

Man, I just can't see dumping another grand into the car when I just shelled out the cash to get in it. I would love better tires, but I will just trash on the ones that I got until winter. How much does an ECU reflash cost? Based on my observations during the last couple months, it is one of the better bangs for your buck when it comes to engine performance? If I get a better idea about the clear bra, that seems like a good decision for the longevity of the car. J.R.

Hmmmm - ECU reflash - Navigation system (one that'll look like it came with the car) That's all for a bit, when the stock tires wear out, I'll go with something a bit more sticky, and might just see who does an exhaust and how it comes out sound-wise and preformance-wise. - Mike

Archived