LegacyGT.com

getting kids into carseat

does anyone else feel our cars are hard to get kids into rear seats?

it was hard when we had a rear facing seat but even now with the front facing car seat I notice that the aperture is small and so i kinda have to be careful not to bang my kids head. i think it's because of the angle of the C pillar.

i don't drive with my baby in the back that often but i may have to, and now it's making me wish

1. i didn't lower it

2. the c pillar was more upright or

3. the door opened even further (almost perpendicular although, who knows if that would be more helpful)

Hmmm. Never had an issue with my little guy.

Assume the natural tendency is to angle the kids in but typically butt first. Problem is that you have to lift their butt over the lip of the car seat and then you have to contend with their heads and the top of the door. I did hit my little guy's head in past vehicles.

Changed it up and simply angled him in head first.

Worked great for me and no crying from hitting his head on the door frame.

Good luck.

It will pass. My 2.5 year old refuses to let me lift her into car. She insists on climbing in so I just have to buckle her in.

Rear facing you have to twist the baby in give the small door opening.

Get a van!:lol:

Rented one a couple of weeks ago, and omg it is so much easier to put the kids in and buckle them in. Driving it, however....

I'll stick with the dents in my kid's head and the visits to the chiropractor!

Get a van!:lol:

Rented one a couple of weeks ago, and omg it is so much easier to put the kids in and buckle them in. Driving it, however....

I'll stick with the dents in my kid's head and the visits to the chiropractor!

Ha ha. True enough.

Generally chauffeur my little guy (when possible) in my wife's SUV. The entire vehicle sits higher so you don't have to bend down to put the kids in .... and the roof line is much higher for head clearance.

But agree with you ... not worth getting a minivan over it :lol::lol:

never had a problem with.......no wait i have no kids. do dogs count. he has hip problems so sometime i have to help him in

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Our LGT wagon is our family hauler. It's a little tricky. The angle of the pillar is the main obstacle. I agree with head first being the easiest. Never had to deal with rear facing because we had one of those separate infant seats you just click into a base.

Our LGT wagon is our family hauler. It's a little tricky. The angle of the pillar is the main obstacle. I agree with head first being the easiest. Never had to deal with rear facing because we had one of those separate infant seats you just click into a base.

I think that the wagon is a better alternative with a slightly better C-pillar. Not that it's a lot better but somewhat.

453747.png

I have 3 kids (6,4 and almost 2 yrs) and although they all climb in on their own, I had to put my littlest in when I had my 03 dodge ram 1500 quad cab, and that was more of a challenge then throwing him into the Subi now. But I am kinda short, so that may be to my advantage. HAHAHAHAHAHA finally, bein short pays off!! :lol:

does anyone else feel our cars are hard to get kids into rear seats?

it was hard when we had a rear facing seat but even now with the front facing car seat I notice that the aperture is small and so i kinda have to be careful not to bang my kids head. i think it's because of the angle of the C pillar.

i don't drive with my baby in the back that often but i may have to, and now it's making me wish

1. i didn't lower it

2. the c pillar was more upright or

3. the door opened even further (almost perpendicular although, who knows if that would be more helpful)

I dunno... lift more weights?:lol:

I do admit to having to contort my kids sideways to load them in and then spin them upright just before plunking them into their seats, but they are used to it by now.

The only complaint I get from time to time is grabbing them too hard around their little rib cages.

Archived