LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light - Blitzen 2000 model

I recently bought a Subaru Legacy Blitzen, a 2000 model. When I was driving it yesterday I noticed that the Check Engine Light (CEL) came on and went off. This scared me because in my country when the CEL comes on it means that the car's engine has a problem which there are slim chances of fixing it. I also noticed that sometimes when you start the engine the CEL remains on foe about 10 second and when you engage the gear and step on the gas peddle it goes off. surprisingly, the cor runs well despite this. What could be the problem and what are the chances of this problem being fixed. One person suggested that it could be the change in fuel type (the car was imported from Japan) and that if a full service was done then the CEL would not come on again...I need help please...

• 1 month later...
I have a 2000 blitzen and the same thing happened to me. Subaru in Japan diagnosed it as the knock sensor. They said it is still drivable as long as when the light comes on the car doesn't slow down. I hope its the same problem for you as I've driven it for the past year with the light occasionally coming on and I've had no problems (knock on wood)

Archived