LegacyGT.com

No 'Beeps' during lock/unlock

So I have no idea why my car won't beep when I lock/unlock it. I have used the instructions in the user's manual to activate/deactivate the beeps, but no such luck.

I did notice the other day that I had a unplugged harness (female end. yellow/black and black wires) that splits off at the same point as the harnesses for the horn. I couldn't see where it went to and I'm curious if the "beeper" might be located next to the horns.

any ideas?

Have you checked to make sure it isn't in valet mode?
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

I found this picture while looking around on the forum. Is this white box the buzzer? I assume this is were my plug should be going to.

Does anyone have a correct name for this thing or a part number? I'm thinking the previous owner took it out since I can't seem to find it in there.

buzzer.JPG.7057ecbc39235ff07265b699f8dc666e.JPG

If you have a seperate key pad for lock/unlock from the key, read the directions on the back of that. The steps are:

1. press unlock

2. press and hold lock and unlock for 2 seconds.

This happened to me one time and I was like WTF until i figured this out. Try that and if it does not work, then maybe you are missing the buzer

I found this picture while looking around on the forum. Is this white box the buzzer? I assume this is were my plug should be going to.

Does anyone have a correct name for this thing or a part number? I'm thinking the previous owner took it out since I can't seem to find it in there.

That white box is the beeper. If its not there, you need it.

• 1 month later...

Archived