LegacyGT.com

One touch close sunroof?

Kaptan

Does anyone know if there is a setting that can be changed so that the sunroof can be closed with one click instead of two? I know that it's there for safety reasons, but it closes so slow that I don't think that would be an issue:lol: I got used to my previous car's sunroof closing when the ignition was turned off.

you're 'sure they can', ... but the question is 'would they?' .. i would put $100 that my dealer would give me a funny look and say that is just how it is. that would be a modification and therfore void the warranty :lol:

it's for that half-open window. I am sure the dealer can either replace the relay or maybe the ECU parameter that the dealer can change.

Keefe

Really? Mine makes a crapload of wind noise like that.. hard to believe.. but maybe mine makes windnoise more than normal... hmmm

^ Yeah way too much noise at half open. I believe when you open the sunroof, you can manually hold the switch and let go at the desired opening? I'll call my dealer tomorrow to see if this is an ECU parameter that can be changed. Hmmm....maybe COBB can add this to their next AP version :D

Unfortunately, looking at the service manual, the sunroof control module is integrated into the motor assembly. It does attach to the ABS (or VDC if so equipped) for something.. It's not clear why.. It doesn't seem likely that it's programmable, unless that's a CAN line running to the ABS module.

• 2 years later...
Yeah, I'd be up for a fix, too - closing the sunroof is the most annoying thing ever! Well, you know, after the seat belt chime and the slow double-tap of the keyfob to open all doors. (Both of which have been successfully resolved.)

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I've owned 3 Subarus and every one of them have done that.

Its a little annoying, but at least they know offer two clicks instead of having to hold it down until it stops and then hold it down again until it closes into position.

I think the 2 clicks is to protect kids from getting their head or limbs caught in the closing sunroof. I think (to protect Subaru legally) it requires pinch protection in order for the sunroof to close with one touch.. Same concept with the one touch up windows.

Definately annoying..especially since my last 2 cars had the one window/sunroof touch feature.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived