LegacyGT.com

2010, 2011 or 2012 LGT... What would you buy?

JJBerk

I'm willing to wait, and willing to go almost anywhere to get the white LGT that I want (to replace my '06LGT), but is there any real difference in the last 3 model years that the LGT was made?

All of your input is VERY much appreciated!!!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations but I have a question...

What makes the 2010 + attractive? Just curious because other than the torque I'm still struggling with them.

Proud owner of a '12 LGT. It's awesome!!!!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Congratulations but I have a question...

What makes the 2010 + attractive? Just curious because other than the torque I'm still struggling with them.

They respond better to simple mods than the 05-09's and are faster at stage 1 & 2. They weight less than a 2009 LGT. They have much more shoulder room, back seat leg room and trunk space.

Having owned both 4th and 5th gen LGT's, there's only a few things I like better about 4th gen:

-It's a smaller car, and feels smaller when cornering

-The steering feels less numb than the 5th gen

-It has a stupid little timer that tells you how long you've been driving

Beyond that, the 5th gen feels better to me in every other way. Bigger, faster, more comfortable, much nicer, roomier, quieter, reliable (from what I've seen over the years here), and just an all around better car. I also think the 5th gen looks nicer than the 4th gen, but that's down to personal taste. The exterior looks of a car are the last thing I consider when buying a new car, since I spend 99% of my time inside the car.

I think the 4th gen wagons look good, but I'm not particularly thrilled with the sedan looks. A little too sedate and a little quirky in the rear end if you ask me. The 5th gen pops as agressive all around if you ask me, but in order to really get that you have to lower it and put some wider tires on it. The stock wheel gap is disappointing.

I think the 4th gen wagons look good, but I'm not particularly thrilled with the sedan looks.

True, I do like the 4th gen wagon a lot more than the sedan, definitely a sharp looking wagon.

The 5th gen pops as agressive all around if you ask me, but in order to really get that you have to lower it and put some wider tires on it. The stock wheel gap is disappointing.

Can't the same thing be said for a stock 4th gen? Mine had just as much wheel gap as my 5th gen. Sure the overall size of the wheel well is obviously larger to fit a larger wheel, but the vertical gap is the same.

Archived