LegacyGT.com

Who's using what MP3 player with the Jazzy engineering setup?

boostsr20

I have a Creavtive Labs Nomad 30GB That I will be using, but I has been looking at other MP3 players.

With all the people that are getting on the Aux In mod I was just curious to what everyone is using and how well it works. Any Ground loop noise with particular players and the such. I don't have mine hooked up yet But I'll report once I do.

I'm using a 4GB iPod mini on a Belkin TuneBase FM which is a FM transmitter that provides aux out and charges. I did have ground loop noise, but it went away when I installed a RadioShack GLI. Very happy with the setup.

They also have the standard TuneBase without the FM transmitter (don't need it with Jazzy's board). I like the position it holds the iPod in.

I use a 20G Ipod and a Sirius system with my jazzy board (I used 2 Y-spliters). The system sounds great I installed the GLI from the start just in case. I like the fact that I could mix a CD, Ipod, and Sirius all at the same time if I wanted to.

I use a 20G Ipod and a Sirius system with my jazzy board (I used 2 Y-spliters). The system sounds great I installed the GLI from the start just in case. I like the fact that I could mix a CD, Ipod, and Sirius all at the same time if I wanted to.

You put the GLI between the spliter and the jazzy board? Did you try using the ipod charger? I'm guessing you will still get GL interference, unless the Sirius (or the iPod) has an isolator built in.

Do you notice any attenuation (satellite connected and turned off vs no devices connected) when playing from CD?

3G iPod powered by a Belkin Auto Kit. No ground loop issues.

Anyone else notice that you have to crank the volume up on the iPod and then a little higher than normal on the HU?

Are you using the headphone jack on the iPod? If so, you're not getting the optimal sound quality and level. Try and get a signal through the dock connector.

Ken

im using my 20gig ipod and jvc sirius sat setup. I have no ground loop noise from my ipod but do get it sometimes from the sirus sat. I might install the GLI. I bought one from the begining but didnt install it.. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Got Torque ?

I've been told that if you hardwire the power for these devices that will eliminate the GLN. Like I said with mine I've heard it 2 to 3 times since I installed the board, not today at all. My friend also suggested that I use a thicker ground wire from the battery to the chassis. Im no expert though... I'm very happy I bought the AUX in board. Thanks to JazzyMT, Centerpunch and all others who are adventureous enough to fiddle with these things and come out with something useful to the Legacy community

Got Torque ?

I have had my Jazzy board in for a few days now and its got to be the best 35 bucks I've ever spent. I have found one major problem, my stock speakers suck and I can't blame the POS modulator anymore. I guess it never ends!

installed took about an hour, and about 30 minutes for me to screw around on how i was gonna set it up, but i noticed the small notch in the arm rest

so i drilled a small hole thru there to run the 1/8 cable

bought the Beklin Auto Kit for Ipod to charge the ipod, the charger has an input which allows u to run the 1/8 from the Aux In to there so you just plug ur ipod into there and it charges and plays at the same time! :dm:

I got around to installing it today. Took me about 3 hours, but I was also messing around with my sirius starbase setup (moved it into the cubby). I use my ipods (40g and a mini) via the belkin car charger in the center console and also have my sirius hooked up to it using a y adapter. The instructions made it a piece of cake. No ground noise on either I am happy to report. The only slight drawback is I have to pull the audio plug out of my ipod adapter for the sat radio to work right. I am guessing there is some voltage running around otherwise. Sounds great on both now though, couldn't be happier.

This is easily the best money I have spent on the outback. Thanks again Jazzy for hooking all of us up with a cheap easy solution. :)

Thats going to be hard, everything is hidden now. I should have taken some pics in the middle of the project but holding my cd changer in one hand, HU in the other and seeing my face plate off and on the bench made me a little nervous.

When I finally get the parts together and get an hour to install things I'll be using a 10GB 3'rd generation iPod.

I have a question for iPod users. How can I hook things up so that the iPod pauses when the car is turned off? I'm probably going to be using the Monster Ultra-low Profile Charger or the Belkin Auto Kit to charge the iPod and get a line-level audio out.

Also, where are you guys mounting the iPod? Check out these guys for some pretty nice mounting solutions specifically for '05 Subies:

http://www.proclipusa.com/

:cool:

Archived