LegacyGT.com

Rain repellent

stanjk3

What's the best rain repellent these days? Been using Rain-x for a long time, but want to try something that lasts longer. Also read somewhere that the oils in Rain-x degrade your wiper blades faster.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

try waxing ur windshield like how u would wax your paint

That is a bad idea.

The wax builds up on the wiper blade afterwards. If anything, you can wax all windows except for the front windshield.

On a side note, when I used the PIAA Super Silicones I never needed to treat the windshield. Waters always beaded consistently.

I try to keep a fresh coat of RainX on my car throughout the year and don't see any change in wiper effectiveness. If they start to streak, I wipe down the rubber blade portion with regular glass cleaner and they work like new again. Try it sometime if you never have and look at how much black dirt comes off of them.

I try to keep a fresh coat of RainX on my car throughout the year and don't see any change in wiper effectiveness. If they start to streak, I wipe down the rubber blade portion with regular glass cleaner and they work like new again. Try it sometime if you never have and look at how much black dirt comes off of them.

I do that at every car wash and there's definitely a lot of dirt that comes off. However, I didn't feel that it affected my wiper's (OEM) performance too much because overall performance really deteriorated after a year. My problem was that the thin rubber part of the blade actually started separating from the blade itself. But hey, maybe you're supposed to replace your wipers every year anyways. With decent quality wipers like PIAA I end up replacing it once every 2-4 years.

Archived