LegacyGT.com

Electric supercharger?

Hey all i was browsing around for parts for my 06 2.5i and i came across an electric supercharger. I was just curious as to if this would be of any benefit to my car or a waste of money. As far as i have seen there isn't any discussion on this topic but i'm pretty sure im not the first one to see this. Here's the link to the site:

http://www.engineperformancechip.com/subaru-performance-chip-subaru-legacy-1990-2008-c-36_741/electric-super-charger-1-5-psi-p-16

Theres also this one:

http://www.electricsupercharger.net/

Can you let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummmmmm where to start :lol: you might need to get some clarification on that leaning out condition and that EPROM chip to correct the condition. The issues i see MAF, ECU, what to do with boost when youre not movin does it have a BOV how does it cope with Engine RPMs can it rev up to supply the correct amount of air idk you may want to research more buddy

1st one is crap. 2nd one actually does stuff. Still isn't worth the effort and it's only good for dragstrip use. If your engine doesn't blow.

There's a guy near VA Tech that supposedly has supercharged his 2.5i. Apparently it runs fine for daily driving. So it's not impossible. Our engines will handle around 5-6 psi and be fine. The question is how the hell to do it lol.

There's a guy near VA Tech that supposedly has supercharged his 2.5i. Apparently it runs fine for daily driving. So it's not impossible. Our engines will handle around 5-6 psi and be fine. The question is how the hell to do it lol.

well i agree and that guys comes into to the n/A forums to hate constantly ^^

According to that guy that built that EZ30R ( Legacy 3.0R) with a super charger he said that a supercharge build can work with the stock ECU ( EcuTek) easier than a turbo setup which is why he chose that route a 3.0R and a 2.5i are more similar induction wise so i would assume that guy near my neck of the woods used the EcuTek route????? maybe

http://www.engineperformancechip.com/performance-chips-c-1/performance-fuel-ionizer-p-4

I can tie-wrap a couple of magnets to my fuel line for a lot less than $70... Not that it would help with anything.

http://www.engineperformancechip.com/performance-chips-c-1/performance-spark-plugs-p-10:eaaf75aa789178c8e17babfd97913f12

$98 for a spark plug?

notice how the 2nd link they have a civic pictured on their site? that stuff is for ricer honda goons. none of those things work, if you want power that bad either just wait for the rallitek N/A turbo kit, upgrade to an LGT, or save up some money and get a 2nd car like a F-Body and you'll have 350 horses of naturally aspirated power and upgrades for the LS1 are pretty affordable and come a dime a dozen.

08 StI SwAP MOAR POWAAHHH!! lol

nah j/p

just get a real super charger like a rotrex.

and if you do a build, post pics!

Someone just told me you can get an engine swap done for like, ~3k...

If that's the case, I will seriously consider an Sti swap a few years down the road after my engine has some wear on it. I love the 08 2.5i body, but I could use some more power.

• 2 years later...

Why you guys are hating this CHEAP solution to gain 10-20% of power!! :)

This forum is for N/A not turbo!! Can you imagine saying "get a Ferrari instead of your turbo charged Subaru!!" I believe that the NA guys like the turbo world but the Subaru turbo guys DON'T like the NA friends' ideas to upgrade their poor NA cars!! I'll get this crap 5 psi poor fan and see the results while doing some fun with V6 similar class friends and let my turbo charged monster aside :)

Why you guys are hating this CHEAP solution to gain 10-20% of power!! :)

This forum is for N/A not turbo!! Can you imagine saying "get a Ferrari instead of your turbo charged Subaru!!" I believe that the NA guys like the turbo world but the Subaru turbo guys DON'T like the NA friends' ideas to upgrade their poor NA cars!! I'll get this crap 5 psi poor fan and see the results while doing some fun with V6 similar class friends and let my turbo charged monster aside :)

Did you even notice the original date of this post!

If there was a cheap solution to such an increase, believe me it would have been reported.

But, you can waste your money any way you chose, it's yours.

Search is your friend.

O.

Did you even notice the original date of this post!

If there was a cheap solution to such an increase, believe me it would have been reported.

But, you can waste your money any way you chose, it's yours.

Search is your friend.

O.

Yes sir I did :) just bringing this subject alive..

$150-$250 vs 10-20% hp/tq increase worth trying to me... Unfortunately search is not helping much for this application :mad:

I would share something if I got this installed.. :)

you really believe you're going to get any sort of gain with this thing? Bro, that piece of junk is either going to fry the rest of your electrical system or break the first time you start your car up. 150-250 would be worth the try if it was made by a reputable company and if they had a guarantee. not too mention the extra 2-3 grand to replace your electrical system if this thing fries it. I also find it hard to believe a review from a "customer" got a 38 HP gain out of his 99 M3 with this. besides my legacy i own a 98 M3 with a dinan supercharger and header back exhaust, stock my car does 240, with those upgrades I barely broke 300 with 302rwhp/315tq. Doubt this universal electric powered hunk of junk gives you anything close to a 38hp gain.

What I find most amazing about these particular electric superchargers is that they recommend the same kit for a 2012 Maserati Quattroporte as they do for the much adorned and missed, 2012 Subaru Brat.

Wait! There's a new Brat coming out??!!??!

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

What I find most amazing about these particular electric superchargers is that they recommend the same kit for a 2012 Maserati Quattroporte as they do for the much adorned and missed, 2012 Subaru Brat.

Wait! There's a new Brat coming out??!!??!

:lol:

you really believe you're going to get any sort of gain with this thing? Bro, that piece of junk is either going to fry the rest of your electrical system or break the first time you start your car up. 150-250 would be worth the try if it was made by a reputable company and if they had a guarantee. not too mention the extra 2-3 grand to replace your electrical system if this thing fries it. I also find it hard to believe a review from a "customer" got a 38 HP gain out of his 99 M3 with this. besides my legacy i own a 98 M3 with a dinan supercharger and header back exhaust, stock my car does 240, with those upgrades I barely broke 300 with 302rwhp/315tq. Doubt this universal electric powered hunk of junk gives you anything close to a 38hp gain.

Simple installation dear.. I don't think it would cause any sort of electrical miss... And for NA Subies.. We shouldn't expect that much.. I would say 6-10 whp & 4-6 tq would be enough for a stock not modified 2.5i... This junk would then help a bit :icon_roll

The e-ram ele sc gives 1.7 psi and is being used by BIG cars... Why would a one giving 5 psi be an issue for our cars... It can be powered simply by a secondary battery... It’s just a rotor and a turbine operated at full throttle... Nothing more :)

Ever wired cheap no-name appliances before?, faulty/cheap wiring that then causes other elecrical issues in your house? same concept. like I said before if "universal" I wouldnt trust it. I mean if you wanna go ahead and buy it, dont get upset if its busts and ppl flame you for it

Archived