LegacyGT.com

Anybody have the Magden M1.b?

See here: http://www.magden-auto.com/products/1

Basically it looks like it allows you to display a variety of parameters on a nav screen. It's been validated for 2007+ Legacies, so a lot of folks will be out of luck. This looks like it would be a great way to get a boost gauge without the tacked-on look that most of them seem to have.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Maybe get a laptop, a cable and some software to do the same thing.

Well i've already got a nav screen, so this system seems like it would be a relatively easy way to put it to use. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having my fuel economy displayed in 3 different forms *rolls eyes* but I would welcome an easy integration of useful information. Creating something from the ground up is waaaay more than I want to get into.

Hello.

The reason why we only support 2007+ Legacys is that Subaru switched to a faster version of the OBD-II diagnostic port protocol, called CAN, that year. Prior to the switch they ran a version (ISO9141) that is simply too slow to be useful in a tuning environment.

We are, however, in the process of implementing Subaru's proprietary high speed protocol (SSM), which operates in parallel with OBD-II in the diagnostic port. We have the all the necessary specs and will probably be done with this in 1-2 months. The SSM protocol allows us to get high speed engine data out of older Subies as well. We are obviously aiming for older gen WRX, but will try to cover as many models as wel can.

Good threads, where I try to answer as many questions as possible, can be found

here and here. Please note that you can only view a limited number of pages on the site before you need to register.

Feel free to post any questions you have in this thread, and I'll do my best to answer them.

/Magnus F.

CTO - Magden Automotive.

Thanks for the info Magnus.

One other question...I understand that the touch screen isn't accessible to the Magden so a trackball/mouse is required in order to set it up or to change configurations. But once I have it up and running, how do I get the info to display on the nav screen? Does it add an icon that allows me to display the various engine parameters that I might choose? Or is it some sort of external toggle switch that I have to engage?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Link you posted did work for me.

Beginning March 1st 2010 Magden Automotive will cease manufacturing

and sales of the M1b Performance Computer and all other hardware in

order to focus 100% on new software development.

As a software company this step will allow us to concentrate all our

energy and resources on developing a complete suite of core Magden

software products for the automotive and other industries. These

software products will also be offered to third party companies wishing

to license them for use in their own products.

Please be assured that if you already own an M1b Performance Computer

your warranty terms remain the same and we will continue to provide

service for the life of the product even if purchased from a third

party.

453747.png

Archived