LegacyGT.com

Sound processors

I will be installing a new sound system, all speakers, amp, and woofer, in my 08 spec b. All 4 speakers will be driven by an amp. I am keeping the stock headunit and want opinions on sound processors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. Sub'd because I can't wait to see how this turns out.

With so many other things to spend money on in a turbocharged vehicle, why would you dump thousands into audio? Get an NA if that's what you wanna do. Otherwise, it's just money you could have spent on a new motor and/or turbo.

With so many other things to spend money on in a turbocharged vehicle, why would you dump thousands into audio? Get an NA if that's what you wanna do. Otherwise, it's just money you could have spent on a new motor and/or turbo.

I'm getting my sound system from a friend for dirt cheap. I'm not spending thousands, maybe 500$. I enjoy listening to music, and the stock system doesn't cut it. My motor and turbo are just fine. No need to be a negative Nancy.

*regular car reviews voice* YOU CAN ONLY HAVE TURBO OR AUDIO, NOT BOTH!

I guess I just don't see the point. What will a clarifier achieve that you couldn't get from just putting in really good speakers/tweeters and replacing the underseat sub?

The stock headunit has an EQ that distorts the sound when you turn the volume up.

I'm really curious how you end up proceeding. I put in some basic Aura Amps, little 8" JBL subwoofer and some Morel Tempo speakers. They had been in mu 1998 Legacy Wagon with a really basic Pioneer headunit and it sounded pretty good fro the money. In my 2005 Legacy GT wagon they have this muted sound.

I guess I just don't see the point. What will a clarifier achieve that you couldn't get from just putting in really good speakers/tweeters and replacing the underseat sub?

You must not be an audiophile... gotta have a clear signal to be able to amplify it, without amplifying the noise too.

Just like anything else, people have priorities. And I've read your travails, Tris. You're definitely biased toward motor/turbo reliability. :lol:

If the OP wants a nice stereo, by all means, proceed! Interested to see how it goes.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Clarifier? You are retarded, aren't you? T/A, phase control, dsp equalization (no, im not talking about the variable oem eq curve) ...the list goes on.

And we dont see the point in driving a 300whp+ vehicle when the speed limit is 55mph nor do i see the point in buying a new engine and turbo when the one i have works just fine.

Btw, i drive a 2.5gt and compete yearly. U mad?

I dont understand what age has to do with audio reproduction. Most of the audiophiles i know are well into their 50's. Have a look at the gallery at parts express.

I think i would put the 17 year old with the guy that tries to make his car go really fast. Idk, the kid with the annoying exhaust that drives by your house every night? Sound familiar? Is that you, junior?

Lastly, a stock radio matched with a dsp like the ms8 or bitone will rape ANY aftermarket stereo in terms of reproduction.

What the hell is going on in here?

I dunno about the OEM stereo matched with a processor raping anything, but one might check out the thread about hacking the OEM headunit to bypass at least the built in loudness control.

Lastly, a stock radio matched with a dsp like the ms8 or bitone will rape ANY aftermarket stereo in terms of reproduction.

Ahhh... no.

But I agree there are 1000s of reasons to put an aftermarket system in a turbocharged car. Not everyone wants to blow ringlands like Tony Montana.

I've got a couple grand into my system in my 300ZXTT, and 450+RWHP to scoot. Best of both worlds.

DSC02077.JPG

Ahhh... no.

But I agree there are 1000s of reasons to put an aftermarket system in a turbocharged car. Not everyone wants to blow ringlands like Tony Montana.

I've got a couple grand into my system in my 300ZXTT, and 450+RWHP to scoot. Best of both worlds.

DSC02077.JPG

Because DAC? The results I'm getting with my MS-8 are MUCH better than the results I had with my DRZ-9255. And that's not a cheap dead head. What the heck are you using?

Care to elaborate?

Source > ms8 > phoenix gold m44, m50, m100 > seas l16, scan illuminators + dls oa10

Because DAC? The results I'm getting with my MS-8 are MUCH better than the results I had with my DRZ-9255. And that's not a cheap dead head. What the heck are you using?

Care to elaborate?

Source > ms8 > phoenix gold m44, m50, m100 > seas l16, scan illuminators + dls oa10

Was that an apples to apples comparison in the same car? The DRZ vs the factory HU with a MS-8?

In the LGT I have the factory HU with an Alpine KTP-445A with a RockFos powered 12" sub in the back. Nothing fancy, but it does the job.

In the Z32 I have the following:

Stereo_Diagram.JPG

Archived