LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Deck in a Legacy?

I absolutely need an iPod hook up in my legacy, and as you all know Subaru didn’t make it easy on us.... Id very much like to throw in an aftermarket iPod deck but how is this possible? Or is there another alternative? Ideally id like it to have a charging dock hook-up opposed to a 1/8 in headphone connection but if that’s the most reasonable way whats the best thing to buy or do?

:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you, Alex

There's a few threads talking about different things people have done as far as decks. Most popular seems to be the Jdm double din conversion but that gets spend quick.

If you find a route you would like to go as far as a deck location I would get one that is ipod ready. Then, unless you are using an iPhone whew you might need it available for calls, I would route the cord into the glove box and control it from the deck. That's what I had in my old car.

Kinda miss that setup actually..

Here is the double din setup I referred to in the last post. This is what I'm saving up for right now. Just gotta decide what components I want and pick them up this winter.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-dual-hvac-double-din-jdm-kit-thread-113589.html?t=113589&highlight=hvac

Also, Welcome to the forum!

i got a JVC arsenal for like 170 from crutchfield with iPod hookup - it included all the needed hardware to do it yourself. instructions were pretty lame - i did not have to disconnect my hot/cold knob from all the crap, just bent the old one out. i will say that the kit comes with a crappy am/fm adapter, because my reception is bad.

Archived