LegacyGT.com

Got a 92 Legacy, need to reseal the engine

So i skipped on the wagon and went for a sedan in Vancouver instead, dead engine but the body is straight and there isnt any rust that we could find.

Now to the engine, the head gaskets are completely shot and the engine was most likely over heated. My dad decided to get a jdm import engine with 40-60k miles but we want to go ahead and re-seal it first but arent sure what kit to get.

All help is appreciated, keep in mind were trying to keep a low budget for this car.

Hello;

I would think that having a low mileage motor that no oil leaks should be present. Do a good inspection for leaks, oil seperator plate, and timing components. Replace only what you need and I believe not much. Mine has 180k miles, and still running the original belt, rollers, and water pump. Steven.

I definitely recommend replacing all the seals and hoses,timing belt kit, water pump and oil pump. its probably a 20 year old motor and no telling how long its been sitting at the docks. Then you know it would be good for another 120k miles. I just helped replace the heads on a jeep grand Cherokee with the 318ci. 192k miles and the original crosshatching were still present, mobile 1 synthetic was used its whole life. Throw some quality synthetic in it also.

Archived