LegacyGT.com

How many Miles/KM's will U do each year in the GT?

Being on the road every day, I do clock up a lot of KM's firstly travelling to work, then to clients and then driving home. On the weekend, I love just getting out and exploring so the KM's certainly rack up. The average KM's done here in Oz by most ppl, are around 20,000 per annum, Im doing roughly 50% more than that at 30,000 per annum. A lot of ppl have said to me due to the KM's I do, I shouldnt buy really nice cars, I say, if Im spending that much time in the car, I want something nice and something that has some shove when needed. Subaru has this for mine..... Currently the MY01 I have has 93K on the clock, had it since new and is still going strong. Adam.

WRXTOM that is very hardcore. Months ago, I went and had a look at Boxsters and the sales rep almost fell over when I told him how many KM's I would do in a year. I said, if Im going to spend that sort of money per month, I will be driving it, guaranteed! Adam.

Hopefully no more then 10 thats a lot but with road trips to NJ and back here to Wilmingont I can see that being easily eclipsed.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

I'll probably do something in the vicinity of 20-25K miles per year. I got my other car, a Toyota Previa, used in 2001 with about 25,000 miles on it. I just had it serviced for 105,000 miles about 2 weeks ago. So that's about 80,000 miles in 3 years, and I'll be doing the same travel now in my Legacy GT. And I figure the same as what was said above. If I'm going to be doing that amount of driving and spending that amount of time in my car, I'm gonna enjoy the ride darnit. None of this annoying road noise, and sluggish performance, and "Lullaby" driving. That's also why I shifted over from automatic to Manual.

Well I've got 2300 on in not quite a month and a half. I'd have to guess between 14k and 18k miles per year here as living out of the city a few miles adds up with every trip in and around. It does beckon to be driven though.

Probably about 3-4000, though my first-year totals will be skewed by new car-itis. Generally, I ride to work from March-January, and take the train when I am not riding. So I use the car for pleasure trips, and driving changes of clothing down every other week, which accounts for 100 miles per month. Yes that's only 1200 miles, but then I factor in grocery store trips, visits to the family, etc. It's about 3K per annum, usually. Kevin

[quote name='agctr']LOL that is HUGE. Did you have the car serviced by Subaru or with someone else? And putting all the miles on so fast, do you think it affected the car in anyway? Adam.[/quote] I did all the servicing myself.. and never had a problem with the car.. the stock clutch would have lasted me 80k and the timing belt would be due by then.. everything else is like a maintenance-free car.. out of the 61,000, I went through 5 sets of brake pads and about 4 sets of tires (yea, I drove hard) and that was it.. the rotors were still good, changed my oil every 2000 to 3000 miles, bled the brakes every 4 months. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']my commute to work round trip is 40 miles.. the rest is just driving for the hell of it. Keefe[/quote] Hey, my round-trip commute is 50 miles, but I ride my bicycle to and from, which keeps me fit and happy. :D Kevin

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='TurboAddikt']I only put 8-10K miles (13-16K Km) a year on my car. I may even put less with a LGT, I have another car that I love to drive very much also.[/quote] Which is...?[/quote] I have a all black 91 Integra GS with a T3/TO4E turbo, and all the right equipment (no "junkyard" turbo stuff for me). Some people think I am too old for this car, heck I even get pulled over by cops that are a little shocked such a old guy is driving it (well, I am only a decade older than the usual Integra owner). Anyway, I love it. Sure it's old and wrong wheel drive (big problem considering its turbo), but it is my dream car from my High School days. And, it actually performs very well despite it's age. Anyway, I also want a new car, and ONLY the LGT does it for me. I have modified my Integra to be a certain style, and actually the LGT already has the kind of style I go for, the LGT is a great car right out of the box for the money. No other car can match it IMO !!

Archived