LegacyGT.com

jbl ms8 dsp installation question ...

markc0220k

just installed ms8, no matter how i turned up the vol (stock HU, 9~12 = Signal Noisy, or >12 = Signal None) and down the vol (< 7 = Signal None), or played balance left (> L2 = Singal None) and right (> R2 = Signal None), all i can get is "Signal OK Level Low" (vol @8~9, F @0, Bal @0).

how can i get all Signal, Level and Balance OK?

thanks

What inputs are you using on the MS-8 and where did you tap into the speaker wires?

i run 2pr of cables (1pr for + and 1pr for - ) from right "before" stock amp (R136 connector if i recall correct?).

I ended up giving on the de-eq on mine, stock isn't THAT bad if you like a small loudness curve.

first, i need to say thanks for your great idea to bypass the loudness, surely this will be my next step, but i 'm too lazy to tear it apart to reach that 4 tiny spots on the circuit board!!

anyway, i believe that loudness can be acceptable WHEN loudness stays at one curve at diff volume, you know i can simply eq it. but now the problem is when vol goes above 12(volume), curve becomes another shape, and i guess its mid low to low will drop even more after 20+ !!!

• 1 month later...

Archived