LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

Well I figured change up the questions...I wa looking at new lateral links and such. I thought I read somewhere control arms, lateral links and the other bars were exact fits from the Impreza. As well, what would be a good kit to buy? I am going to need bushings for it soon, so why not upgrade?

I plan on doing coil overs and sway bars and links as well,

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, used Racelands off an 04' WRX

$250.00 a good price?

will they fit 99 sedan ?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• I Donated
so, used Racelands off an 04' WRX

$250.00 a good price?

will they fit 99 sedan ?

I would answer your question, but I'll probably get banned for responding to you. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

$250 coilovers? Really?

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

found on CL local to me

I guess I could spend a little more for new Excel-G's

but, I want a little lower

thanks for nothing Brok

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Love them, in fact the other night I slid into a curb and bent the knuckle but the coilover stood up just fine.

I will certainly buy another set next time I want a budget drop. I heard they just revamped the setup too, now more adjustable.

well worth $460 in my opinion.

WAit what? I have 02-07 WRX specific on my 96 sedan. The rears fit just fine. I am confused.

What makes you say the WRX ones won't fit in the rear?

Fortune Auto 500 coilovers.

Impreza rear top hats don't fit on 2nd gens. Heh.

Edited by Baddog

Love them, in fact the other night I slid into a curb and bent the knuckle but the coilover stood up just fine.

I will certainly buy another set next time I want a budget drop. I heard they just revamped the setup too, now more adjustable.

well worth $460 in my opinion.

That's good to know because I'll be getting those next month!

It's good to see feedback on here from someone who has had them!

No, get the impreza ones for 98-01 RS

the WRX ones are different.

Heh. Okay. Just bought a set of racelands for my buddys 95 Legacy. 02-07 WRX Ultimos from raceland. They installed just fine for me last night.

My fortune Auto 500's on my 96 are 02-07 WRX coil overs.

First gen Legacys use the 93-01 Impreza top hat setup (Installed on my brothers SS.) How do I know? I work on all these cars.

Top hat bolt spacing for the Impreza rears are not correct for the BD/BG. Extremely curious as to where you can buy the 98-01 Impreza coils? Raceland lists them as 93-01 (as I am used to).

So which ones did you buy? Cause there are not 98-01 Specific.

Also what you are saying is that WRX rear top hats off 02-07 Stock struts/Springs won't work? Ha.

Sticky from another forum.

1995-99 (Includes BD = Sedan (Includes SUS) | BK = Wagon (low roof) | BG = Wagon Outback (raised roof)

/////////Front/////Rear

GC 93-01 yes///////no <-- Requires BD/K/G or GD rear top hat and matching perch

GD 02-07 yes///////yes <-- Rotate front top hat

BE 00-04 yes///////no <-- front = direct bolt in

Edited by Baddog

Heh. Okay. Just bought a set of racelands for my buddys 95 Legacy. 02-07 WRX Ultimos from raceland. They installed just fine for me last night.

My fortune Auto 500's on my 96 are 02-07 WRX coil overs.

First gen Legacys use the 93-01 Impreza top hat setup (Installed on my brothers SS.) How do I know? I work on all these cars.

Top hat bolt spacing for the Impreza rears are not correct for the BD/BG. Extremely curious as to where you can buy the 98-01 Impreza coils? Raceland lists them as 93-01 (as I am used to).

So which ones did you buy? Cause there are not 98-01 Specific.

Also what you are saying is that WRX rear top hats off 02-07 Stock struts/Springs won't work? Ha.

Sticky from another forum.

1995-99 (Includes BD = Sedan (Includes SUS) | BK = Wagon (low roof) | BG = Wagon Outback (raised roof)

/////////Front/////Rear

GC 93-01 yes///////no <-- Requires BD/K/G or GD rear top hat and matching perch

GD 02-07 yes///////yes <-- Rotate front top hat

BE 00-04 yes///////no <-- front = direct bolt in

Ok smart ass. I accidently typed an "8" instead of "3" excuse me while I call the NY Times and report a typo to the editor.

Secondly, as for you "working on all these cars"

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f54/10118d1328590894t-swiftors-awesome-132674302118.gif

Do you want a cookie now?

I think most of us here work on some if not most of these as well.

Also, I didnt say they wouldnt fit. Re read what I wrote before you try and come at me like this.

What did I say? Lemme quote me for ya.

the WRX ones are different.

You are right however, I made a mistake. Im human and man enough to admit it. I went back and checked my receipt from Raceland a couple years ago. I DID order the RS, but the 02-07 RS. My mistake.

Next time, try not to be such a douche when someone makes a mistake. Everyone does from time to time. Even you.

Heres a copy of my receipt, and a screen shot from when I bought them.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/JeepinGoose/racelandreceipt.png

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/JeepinGoose/coilover.jpg

So you can see where my error came from. There are a lot of models listed, among them RS. My bad.

Also, if you look at the beginning of this thread it clearly states that what I said is possible. Some early model RS stuff WILL work on BG/BD models. So before you fly off the handle next time trying to puff your chest out and flaunt your plumage like a peacock. Make sure you know all the info, or at least be willing to admit you were wrong.

I corrected you once without being a dick. Yet you kept insisting I was wrong. So I gave you facts. Not my fault you're a dip shit.

I tried to correct it but you kept correcting me. Could've done your own research and left it at that. So this was the outcome. Don't go bashing me. I only corrected your mistake.

You're in the service yet you have manners like that? I have no respect for you.

The 02-07 RS chassis is still a GD chassis. All I am doing here is making sure things don't get crossed. But if you're going to bash me like that. Because I FIXED your mistake. I was showing evidence.

Chill......the...****...out

Edited by Baddog

Excuse me? No. Excuse you. For putting out false information. I backed my case up. And you came back at me. I can respect others and I have. However I am not going to respect you. As far as I can see from your previous posts you're quite the dick. Don't pull the respect card.

Check back a page and read. Like you should have before.

Clearly I respect others. I don't want them buying the wrong product for their car. Had I not corrected this. Someone would've been pointing fingers at you.

And saying the WRX are different. What did you mean by that? You just now told me you didn't say "they wouldn't fit, just they are different"

Edited by Baddog