LegacyGT.com

Brake lines for Brembos

PhilT

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used StopTech ss lines on all corners of my brembo conversion (well, with the exception of one of the four rear lines, that is still stock, couldn't get the sob off of the hard line and didn't want to risk breaking it, so I just left it :p) and yeah, the rears do have to bend in a wierd way, but it seems to be within reason. The fronts seem to be just fine.

STI lines won't fit, neither 04-07 nor 08-09.

In fact, JDM tuned by STI that came with Brembos.... also uses the stock location ghetto fitting lines (braided) :eek:. Not sure about S402.

There is apparently newer style Goodridge lines that fit better - they have less "bend" to them. One of Edmundu's original lines blew (luckily for him in my driveway) and he got replacement ones that fit better with the Brembos.

Phil,

I can custom make a set for you with the Brembo caliper end and a LGT end with the correct length. PM me.

I'd be interested as well.. but - who would make it? How is it tested? Would it be coated?

Brake lines are serious stuff.

They would be coated Techna Fit lines. Same brand we've been selling for all these years. Good thing about TF is I can call them and ask for such a request. It's pretty simple actually, they just build a LGT line, but instead of putting a LGT caliper end on, they slap the fitting for the Brembo on.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Hmmm, in that case depending on price (please pm) I'd be in - for two sets actually. In their "smoke" color if possible (to match my Carbon Goodridge lines).

I can take some pictures of my Goddridge lines. Depending on the length of the Technafit Brembo type fitting The line length might need to be adjusted a little bit - I can take picture of my install if you like.

One off sets would be $149 shipped. I might be able to discount more if we get more orders. I'd like to avoid the term/definition of "group buy" though, many vendors and suppliers view that as pretty negative terminology ;). I'll happily do a LGT discount of 10% with free shipping if you and unclemat order at the same time.

Colors are not an issue since they are getting custom made anyways. I believe the smoke color you refer to is just their clear?

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Good point :lol:

The MSRP for a full set of the Techna Fit 6 lines is $150

Eric, can you clarify, thanks.

Yes, that was for a full set of 6 lines. For the rear it is only two lines and should be a whole lot cheaper. I'll find out tomorrow. I'll guess around $60-70.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Yes, that was for a full set of 6 lines. For the rear it is only two lines and should be a whole lot cheaper. I'll find out tomorrow. I'll guess around $60-70.

oh.. in that case i may be interested in a set.

So just to be sure we are talking about the lines that connect to the rear calipers, correct? These would be slightly shorter so that the lines that we all are using now dont have to loop around akwardly?

Thanks.

I imagine everyone who has done the Brembo upgrade has already replaced the stock lines so will only need the rear two.

So just to be sure we are talking about the lines that connect to the rear calipers, correct? These would be slightly shorter so that the lines that we all are using now dont have to loop around akwardly?

That's correct, it's just so the line can go through the two little locating tabs on the rear caliper.

I figured as much. By declaring "1 set", I wanted a full kit.

Archived