LegacyGT.com

Fuel injectors: Canadian vs. US.. Different??

I am hoping someone here might know the answer.

Anyway, I suspect one of my fuel injectors is faulty. I need my car for the weekend and was calling around to my local dealerships to see if they had one in stock, so that when my mech goes to diagnose it Saturday morning, I'll have the part ready in case it really is a faulty injector.

First place I called, they wanted $226 for the injector. I was a little floored but at least they had it in stock. Second place I called quoted $90, but had none in stock. So I was like WTF. Called back to the first place, and gave them my VIN and re-verified. The gist of it is that my car is from the US, and I live in Calgary, AB. Anyway, he told me he only stocks the CANADIAN part #, which is $226. The US part # is different and is $90. He's telling me the engines are the same but the EFI systems are different. Can anyone confirm this? I don't understand why Subaru would make a different EFI system JUST for Canada.

And then.. Why would dealer #2 quote me $90. When I did NOT tell them a.) I had a US car and b.) didn't give them my VIN either. Just said "need a stock injector for 2005 LGT". I would assume that they looked up the Canadian part number.

Anyway, you can see my dilemma...

• 1 year later...

I am also in Canada, with 2005 LGT have had quotes between $95 and $300. The $95 dollar quote said that there is a note that says specifically not for the GT Limited, but OK for the GT? Are they not the same engine? Do they have different injectors? I thought the limited package was luxury items only (leather, moonroof, heated seats/mirrors etc)????

Other online sites I am going to list the same injector for the i, GT and GT Limited so I have no clue what to think or who to believe.

All I can say is WTF!

I am also in Canada, with 2005 LGT have had quotes between $95 and $300. The $95 dollar quote said that there is a note that says specifically not for the GT Limited, but OK for the GT? Are they not the same engine? Do they have different injectors? I thought the limited package was luxury items only (leather, moonroof, heated seats/mirrors etc)????

Other online sites I am going to list the same injector for the i, GT and GT Limited so I have no clue what to think or who to believe.

All I can say is WTF!

Exactly the same engine. Dealer is smoking something.

All I can say is WTF!

The non limited has a very special engine. During the testing if it is not good enough, they then used them in the Spec B. :lol:

subaru part numbers cross reference is crap ..

by there listing my legacy came with an outback grill ,

and it has avcs on intake and exhaust.

um i can't remember the other funky things.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived