LegacyGT.com

Polk Speakers? Any Experience?

kopy_kat

Hi,

I read a few post on Polk 650's being good speakers.

There is a 'Price Error' on Circuit City for Polk 651 and Polk 6501's. Any body tried this combo? Worth the money? $168.75 + tax for both. Seems like a good price. Also the rears speakers are 6.5" right? I am thinking 6501s for the front and 651s for the rears.

If anybody else is thinking about upgrading their speakers.. This might be a good time..

Thanks for your input.

K

Save your money and put coax speakers in both the front and rear doors. This configuration sounds better, according to Manville Smith of JL Audio. He is on these boards, and owns a LGT wagon.
The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Save your money and put coax speakers in both the front and rear doors. This configuration sounds better, according to Manville Smith of JL Audio. He is on these boards, and owns a LGT wagon.

i've seen MS's ride on JL Audio's pamphlet. it's awesome! wish i had the ka$h. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

so you are saying scrub the 6501's for the fronts and go w/ 651's all around and keep the stock tweets and xovers?

k

polk speakers are decent if your not going to do any other audio upgrades. they have good mids and lows not much on the high end tho if you looking for a cleaner sound and might do a sub id go with something more towards bostons or focals something to compliment the lows of the sub..otherwise if your trying tosave some $$ then polks are decent

You could get a 100 different answers on this. I have had focal in the past and they sounded good but didn't play real loud. Plus the cones absorbed moisture and made them brittle in about a years time. Focal did replace them for me but I was without tunes for a period of time and the replacements did the exact same thing when they finally came in. I haven't read anything personally about the Polk's your interested in but I know there top of the line component set is amazing, according to a review from a car audio editor. He said they were simply the best speaker he has heard at almost any price level. I have done tons of research on 6.5 component sets if you gave a price range I could tell you what I have seen for your budget

i've seen MS's ride on JL Audio's pamphlet. it's awesome! wish i had the ka$h. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

so you are saying scrub the 6501's for the fronts and go w/ 651's all around and keep the stock tweets and xovers?

k

Yup, just get some quality coax speakers all around. Ditch the tweeters and xovers, period.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Archived