LegacyGT.com

05-06 info center in an 07?

Admrl

Probably a dumb question, since im sure all kinds of stuff is different, but i thought id ask while it was an errant thought.

The info center under the Cubby... My old 05 had temperature and mileage stuff there that i flipped to now and again... The 07 just has a clock. I know all that same stuff is in the odometer, but its annoying messing with the odometer button... So i just never look at that stuff anymore. Not a huge deal breaker, but i wouldnt mind having it back either.

Any chance they are plug and play between the different cars? ive never even had the cubby off to see if theyre different plugs...

iirc newer models (06+) are missing 2 pins in the info cenetr wire harness that offers the additional functionality that the 05's did. They moved it to the cluster iirc..

in reality the info center gets all its info from the cluster anyway.

You can attach an 05 info center to a newer dash, but I'm not sure that it will work completey.

From the 06 model that I got for testing while trying to reverse engineer the thing for carputer use, it seemed that the interior light dimming switch as the only thing missing. I have heard though that in newer models they removed even more functionality from it.

if you'er feeling froggy pull the cubby out and take a look.

05s have 9 pins used, jdm units have 7 like 06s (airbag light.) and newer models have ???

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I'm confused, Admiral -- my 07 info center has more than just a clock. The right side of the display shows the time, and the left side I can choose from: outside temp, MPG (right this second), MPG (avg this tank), estimated travel distance before you run out of gas, and elapsed trip time.

Maybe the display shorted out or has a loose wire in your car?

OTW- It must be different for the 2.5i and the LGT. its not broken, because none of the functions are MISSING, theyre just in the odometer under the tach right now.

My 05 had exactly what yours has, with the Cycle button to move through all the functions. The 07 LGT just has a clock, with buttons to set the clock.

Maybe this weekend ill pull the cubby out. Insanely busy though, so im not sure ill get to it. :(

My 09 N/A Outback had the sub-cubby info center.

My 09 OBXT dropped that feature to favor the in-odometer area.

I wouldn't mind having the temperature displayed under the cubby, so I could watch MPG or something in the cluster.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

This is interesting because don't the non-turbo 09 Leggys have the regular trip computer in the clock area? So are we saying these could be potentially wired?

trying to reverse engineer the thing for carputer use, it seemed that the interior light dimming switch as the only thing missing. I have heard though that in newer models they removed even more functionality from it.

darkfox1, the variable illumination wire is gone because they implement dimming in a serial data packet in the 2006s

more info on trip computer serial data packet:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79982

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

the info center relocation kit is just a trim kit, you use your existing info center.

it comes with an extender harness that should be just fine for you 06+ guys.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

05s ahve an airbag light in the cluster, 06s iirc do not have it but are otherwise the same.

the kit I'm thinking of, I purachsed from AVO. It came with the plastic trim, the bracket, instructions, and an extender harness that was 7 pin. The 05 info center is 9 pin. the 2 missing pins are the airbag light I mentioned, so if you put an 05 info center in, chances are you wont need to worry about it and the airbag light on it just wont light up. You may be able to see it in the right light, may look goofy having 2 airbag lights in your car, otherwise.. I dont know of any reason it wont work. I would think if they changed pin functions they'd change connectors.

Archived