LegacyGT.com

Foglight "Blackout"

Speedracerx

I didn't like the look of the foglamp area on my Silver LGT. Too much area, too small light.

I was going to paint the foglamp surround black to graphically "open" up the pocket area. After I pulled the surround out, I saw that the pocket was already black and pretty clean looking. I made a pattern from the stock surround and cut out a new foglamp grille from some aluminum mesh I bought for my next grille mod.

It was an easy 30 miumte deal and, imo, looks better than it did. I need to do a little cleanup, but it passes the 12 ft. test.

IMG_0165.JPG.da6513ac1096f92d3d490a0963c4295d.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG.f53d8050a7a158a6a535d84cf7cfac68.JPG

Interesting look. :)

If you're up to experimenting, you can try two or three coats of the lens-blackout spray "Nite-Shades" from VHT. I did this with my TSi (which had yet another set of auxiliary foul-weather lights, in addition to a complete-optics OEM-componentry HID retrofit, so forward visibility was not an issue), and actually did not notice any light loss with the spray blacking-out the lens itself.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

If you're up to experimenting, you can try two or three coats of the lens-blackout spray "Nite-Shades" from VHT. I did this with my TSi (which had yet another set of auxiliary foul-weather lights, in addition to a complete-optics OEM-componentry HID retrofit, so forward visibility was not an issue), and actually did not notice any light loss with the spray blacking-out the lens itself.

Great idea! I'm looking to do the H/L clearing/blackout soon so this is a good, easy add-on. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

haha, as much as I hate to admit, I picked up a can of this stuff from summit racing and did my tail lights with it... it looks REALLY nice... and hasn't shown the slightest signs of wearing/flaking/chipping. Granted, I haven't been through a winter with it yet... but so far so good. it's been a solid 6 months.

Archived