LegacyGT.com

Homelink Mirror install took 11 minutes

I'm considering getting the Homelink visor from the LL Bean edition Outback. I'm trying to get some wiring info from the dealer about it but, that seems to be a bit better since you don't have to push against the mirror everytime you want to open your garage/gate.

Was the homelink in your mirror fully housed inside (including transmitter)? Some newer cars are using 2 piece setups that have the transmitter in the bumper and the buttons in the interior.

I'm one of those that are mechanically challenged so I had my dealer installed it. Paid $171 and $35 for labor, I got a break b/c my friend works there.

Daft,

The rearview mirror for my Legacy GT has 3 homelink buttons, auto dimming and a compass. It's a lot bigger than the stock mirror.

I'm considering getting the Homelink visor from the LL Bean edition Outback. I'm trying to get some wiring info from the dealer about it but, that seems to be a bit better since you don't have to push against the mirror everytime you want to open your garage/gate.

Was the homelink in your mirror fully housed inside (including transmitter)? Some newer cars are using 2 piece setups that have the transmitter in the bumper and the buttons in the interior.

check this out:http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8105

And what....... no pics or easy instructions.....

Would have been nice. Well done on the install anyways.

Adam.

If you want, I can scan the instructions, but honestly it would be a waste of time. You don't have to be a mechanic. You need a flat balde, a phillips and a #20 torx screw driver. I can't see it taking more than 20 minutes if you don't know what you are doing.

it is that easy.

Archived