LegacyGT.com

Magnaflow Exhaust Questions

dmiceli16

Hey guys. I know that some of these questions will probably be simple and dumb to most of you, but an answer would be awesome. I bought the Magnaflow catback and I am very excited to get it installed and hear it roar. First off, how hard is the actual installation without a lift? I don't have access to one unless I want to pay a shop, and was deciding if I should do that. Also, what parts/pieces do I need to keep from the stock catback system? Just looking for some information that could help me make my decision on if I should install it myself or have a local shop do it.

just back the car up on ramps. everything else about exhaust install is a no-brainer. everything will unbolt right off and bolt right back up. it should only take at most two hours.

intake and exhaust is so easy, i can do it without screwing anything up. it's only hard if you don't make the room underneath the car. i usually only have a foot of space to work with underneath it because i don't have a decent car jack

I just installed the Magnaflow catback exhaust on my own car myself. Was easy to do even with very little room under the car (I only used jack stands as I don't have a lift either). All you should need to save are the spring bolts from where the exhaust joins the down pipe and the exhaust hangers like the others said. Make sure to inspect the exhaust before installing it and to install the clamps correctly onto the tubing. I did not inspect mine and there was a weld missing at the y-pipe. Now I have to take it apart and install it once again when I get the replacement part. Also spraying the exhaust hangers with WD-40 or some sort of lubricant will help when taking off the old exhaust.

Archived