LegacyGT.com

May have gone a little too wide/tall..

blongo804

Hey guys! Before you say it, yes I have searched and yes I have read the FAQ.

Long story short, I was about to get brand new Nexen N3000's, although not the greatest tire, for $25 a piece from my local Pepboys. I figure they're decent and for $110 after tax, I couldn't beat it since I needed new summers anyways. Now as for the size, they're 245/45/17's that I'm putting on my 17x8 +45 RPF-1's. I am slightly lowered on Rallitek springs, but I'm afraid these might be too tall on the inside and hit the struts or something. What do you guys think?

I have run 245/40's and 255/35's with only slight rubbing but I understand these are about as wide and also taller. Maybe I can get away with a 5mm spacer or so to get them away? I hate spacers and would rather not run them, but only if I must.

Hopefully I can get away with this. I couldn't resist the price while being tight on funds due to school.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys!..... since I needed new summers anyways.

Said the man in the middle of winter.

This is a perfect example of when to wait a little bit, work a little harder, save a little more and buy what fits in the first place.

Good luck my friend. :spin:

And yes... you walked right into this one. :lol:

Said the man in the middle of winter.

This is a perfect example of when to wait a little bit, work a little harder, save a little more and buy what fits in the first place.

Good luck my friend. :spin:

And yes... you walked right into this one. :lol:

Trust me I wouldn't have minded a little more waiting, but these were too good to pass up. I'm actually somewhat confident these are going to fit unless someone who actually HAS tried this tire size and can tell me differently.

I'll check date codes on them. Never really cared to check lol.

EDIT: For whatever reason the miata tire calculator site wasn't working so I tried a different one. Comparing stock (215/45/17's) to my new tires..

The new tires are 1.1" bigger in diameter, 1.19" wider, .63" taller sidewall, and 3.3" bigger in circumference. Meh.. Still not scared. :)

Archived