LegacyGT.com

Dash rattle TSB content?

Does anyone have the actual text of the dash rattle TSB? And what years does it apply to?

I'm looking for this second one too:

Rattle/Squeak Noise from Instrument Panel

Service Bulletin #12-96-06

Noise from Combination Meter (Revised)

Service Bulletin #08-34-05R

the rattle that sounds like it is coming from the front left corner of the dashboard is going to be the death of me.

I asked my dealership about fixing it and they called me back saying it was a $450 job since they had to remove the dashboard to fix a mount, no thanks.

I think there has to be a TSB for this problem since it occurs in so many of our cars.

A TSB means enough people have come forward with the same complaint (or SOA figured out some other way) so that they have a specific bulletin to address it. If you are still under warranty, they will fix it for free. If not, you will have to pay for it.

Well the bulletin implies that newer models won't be affected, which they are (my 07 included). This means that they haven't identified the true location of the problem, or that multiple problematic locations exists.

My advice is just to deal with it, or if you are inclined, rip out your dash to fix yourself.

Well I have to take mine in for the sunroof making a grinding sound when opening it to vent position, so I thought I could get two things fixed while the dealer has it. I'll see what they say I guess.

This TSB was put out in Feb of 07 (which dealt with my year car). There may be a newer one for the newer models. The site that used to list the TSB's doesnt seem to be up anymore. Maybe theres another site that might list TSB's somewhere?

On Subaru's technical site they have them listed, but you have to pay to access any information.

edit: scoobymods has a large list of Subaru TSBs but no luck for this issue. Damn

I'm slowly starting to realize that my main squeaks and rattles are coming from the center stack where the top of the radio meets the dash, or the center radio piece itself. (Not to mention the horrendous interior door grab squeaking)

Thats a good dash write up, but I realized thats not my problem. I need to start a "Radio/center dash rattle TSB?" thread :rolleyes:

I have an 07 with the famous dash rattle also. Mine would stop if you wedge your hand between the windshield and dash on the drivers side.

My fix was to buy a solid hard rubber floor stop or door stop wedge whatever you want to call it and cut a small piece off and jamb it in . It's not noticible and has lasted 8 months with no rattle, took a few minutes and done!

Really, nobody has a copy of either of these TSB's??

Rattle/Squeak Noise from Instrument Panel

Service Bulletin #12-96-06

Noise from Combination Meter (Revised)

Service Bulletin #08-34-05R

If you've got one, please PM me.

There is small heat shield on top of the mpg/et/temp readout below the cubby. I found mine was loose when doing my gauge install. It's just held in place with adhesive of some sort pushing it back in place stopped my mid dash rattle for the last couple of months. I'm sure it will come loose again though.

We had the cubby out and the glovebox/pass side panel out too not sure if you can get to it just by pulling the cubby. That's pretty easy to do so I would start there first. If not loosen the center console and work forward.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

I have the dash rattle in my 07. Most annoying thing in the world. Does anyone know if a dealer would fix it under their warranty because I bought the car used and it has a 60 day warranty.
07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

There is small heat shield on top of the mpg/et/temp readout below the cubby. I found mine was loose when doing my gauge install. It's just held in place with adhesive of some sort pushing it back in place stopped my mid dash rattle for the last couple of months. I'm sure it will come loose again though.

We had the cubby out and the glovebox/pass side panel out too not sure if you can get to it just by pulling the cubby. That's pretty easy to do so I would start there first. If not loosen the center console and work forward.

Thanks for the info, but the spec.B has a navigation screen there, so it doesn't have a cubby or that display.

I'm sure my main rattle is the one who's repair is described in one of these two elusive TSB's. But of course there are more creaks, squeaks and rattles, and maybe something like what you referred to could be a source.

I'm slowly starting to realize that my main squeaks and rattles are coming from the center stack where the top of the radio meets the dash, or the center radio piece itself. (Not to mention the horrendous interior door grab squeaking)

Thats a good dash write up, but I realized thats not my problem. I need to start a "Radio/center dash rattle TSB?" thread :rolleyes:

I need one of these. Right where the nav trim hits the dash I have a horrid squeak. It's awful too. I don't mean an annoying now and then squeak. I mean it's almost a machine gun style squeak. I got so fed up I started punching the dash. That's when I realized if I pull the trim piece out it would help. It didn't solve the issue, but it has helped. This car has so many squeaks and rattles in it. It's ridiculous.

Archived