LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I added to the 'ruffle.' Nothing like trolling nastycoc for a good purpose

You guys are cracking me up! Thanks for the "ruffling", lol.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Update: material will go to the shop tomorrow. I initially planned to wait until I had deposits from those on "the list" before moving forward, but I want to keep this process moving and prevent everyone from waiting any longer so here we go!

Will you be setting up an online store of some type or posting a paypal link so I can order this? I'm in for kit #2. Let me know where to send my monies. This will hold me over till I can figure out/afford my intercooler/turbo setup I want to get.

• Moderators
Will you be setting up an online store of some type or posting a paypal link so I can order this? I'm in for kit #2. Let me know where to send my monies. This will hold me over till I can figure out/afford my intercooler/turbo setup I want to get.

Planning to do just that, yes--for now I'm operating via PMs though. Sending you one now!

Interested in #1

Noted, thanks!

• Moderators

Friday update: I went to the machine shop this morning to drop off the material for production. Long story short is that they "misquoted" me for the job and tried to raise the price by over 500%--had to walk away :mad:

Never fear, another shop is here! I had another shop lined up just in case and have been in contact with them this morning to begin work in the middle of next week. I'm confident that they will provide a very high quality product.

The good news? ETA for the kits being completed may actually move up a bit! Next update will likely be after the material is at the shop.

Big thanks to those who have prepaid for their kits, it definitely helps with the up-front cost--looking forward to sending out the first kits in the next few weeks.

Friday update: I went to the machine shop this morning to drop off the material for production. Long story short is that they "misquoted" me for the job and tried to raise the price by over 500%--had to walk away :mad:

Never fear, another shop is here! I had another shop lined up just in case and have been in contact with them this morning to begin work in the middle of next week. I'm confident that they will provide a very high quality product.

The good news? ETA for the kits being completed may actually move up a bit! Next update will likely be after the material is at the shop.

Big thanks to those who have prepaid for their kits, it definitely helps with the up-front cost--looking forward to sending out the first kits in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the update. Good move having a back up machine shop already lined up.

• Moderators
Thanks for the update. Good move having a back up machine shop already lined up.

Yes indeed :cool: I hesitate to call this current shop a "back up" though. I was only going with the other shop based on lower cost and the fact that the pieces would have been cut closer to to final dimensions (not that any of this mattered after this morning...what a crock ).

The shop I'm working with now deals regularly with manufacturing aerospace parts, so I expect the fit/finish of the pieces to be perfect. Turnaround time should be better as well. All in all it's likely a simple case of "you get what you pay for."

Initial post has been updated with those who have prepaid, thanks gents!

• Moderators

List of those interested has been updated.

Also have a pending purchase for an OEM TMIC so I can test fitment of the final kit after production (will also do what I can to document / video the install). I should have the material to the shop for production by the middle of this week :cool:

• Moderators

Who like's free stuff? I just ordered a bunch of OEM clamps (OEM in that they are from subaru, but not installed on a stock vehicle) for clamping your BPV sense hose where it attaches to the manifold. This should prevent any blowout issues from increased boost. I'll include a clamp and extra zip ties for the "T" fitting at no cost for all of those that have prepaid, thanks guys!

Hoping to cut the material tonight. If I get it all done this evening I may have time to get it to the shop tomorrow to get these things rolling--that would put the ETA at the middle of next week, with kits going out in the mail likely on the weekend to give me time for a test fit. Crossing my fingers :)

I'd be interested in the "free stuff" mentioned (don't need the zip ties though). I just installed my EBCS that arrived yesterday, and have vacuum/boost line ziptieing down to a science now ;) and have plenty of stock left.

Can't wait for this kit! Stage 2 base is done, and logging tonight after the EBCS installation yesterday. Once logs are shipped to Shamar, I expect we'll be upping boost soon and this kit will be the ticket until I get the Process West :)

• Moderators
The safety glasses is a nice touch! :D

Safety first, lol.

I'd be interested in the "free stuff" mentioned (don't need the zip ties though).

The corbin clamp for the BPV line will be in your kit, should hopefully be an exact fit for the connection to the manifold.

On another note, I just got back from dropping the material off at the shop. Typical "dude huddle" occurred to discuss what needed to be done with the material actually in hand. One of the machinists there grumbled about not being able to do it, but the others seemed pretty keen. The owner will be back in town tomorrow, so I'm hoping I don't get a phone call telling me there's a problem. Fingers crossed for usable rails showing up in a week or so.

• Moderators

No one dodged anything. You asked if it was "bulletproof". The answer is yes, it is "bulletproof".

Is it bulletproof? The answer to that is no, it is not bulletproof. See the difference there?

The kit will protect an OEM intercooler from experiencing end tank separation due to normal or increased boost pressure. It will not allow you to shoot it with a gun without causing damage. Honestly, I can't believe you are really looking for that type of answer, but there you go.

No one wants to rename something that has already built a name for itself. That would increase confusion on whether this is the same as what existed before and what not.

1. You did dodge my question with your reply

2. By putting quotation marks on something coherently changes the definition?

I have the original seeyaaaaaaaaa kit. It did what it was design to do, reinforced the tmic under extreme boost conditions. I have no problem with the product, just the term "bulletproof" tickles me the wrong way.

I have no control over drippie.

• Moderators
1. You did dodge my question with your reply

I didn't, but that's your opinion I guess. I think I've sufficiently answered your question in a very direct manner.

2. By putting quotation marks on something coherently changes the definition?

I think it changes the connotation, yes. It does not, however, change the denotation. None of this matters though if the term creates confusion for some, so I have done what I can to prevent this confusion in the original post.

I have the original seeyaaaaaaaaa kit. It did what it was design to do, reinforced the tmic under extreme boost conditions. I have no problem with the product, just the term "bulletproof" tickles me the wrong way.

Great to hear that it worked well for you. It also works well on my own vehicle! Thanks for the input and for bringing up this potentially misleading statement. I've added a note about it in the original post to prevent any confusion by others in the future and will be sure to do so in the detailed instructions sent with each kit as well.