LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

I'm confused. Are you people ACTUALLY doing this?

I did the Hogzaust mod to my car last weekend. For a mod that costs only pocket-change, the result is very good. I did it because my other cars are much louder, so I've learned to shift by ear. When I started driving the spec.B, I stalled it twice because I couldn't hear it revving. So this mod is great because it's *just* loud enough inside the cabin that I can judge the revs without having to watch the tach.

However, the sound is.. off.. in some way. I'm not sure how, but it just sounds wrong somehow. I'll probably leave the hogzaust setup in place for the winter and move to an actual aftermarket CBE come summer.

I just wish MadDad made a whisper system for the LGT. It sounds SO good. I'll just have to find a CBE that's not too expensive and not too loud.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Draco, remove the mufflers and see if you like it better. I do.

I'm sure I would to a degree. But the spec is my DD and long-haul cruiser. I don't want loud.

I have a WRX that I use for SCCA RallyCross that is straight-piped (no cats, no mufflers):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50JdmpJHXk]YouTube- Franken-xaust.[/ame]

Not the greatest video. I need to get around to making another with less wind noise.

I'm sure I would to a degree. But the spec is my DD and long-haul cruiser. I don't want loud.

I need to get around to making another with less wind noise.

I don't find it loud on the highway. Just a low rumble in the back ground. You can talk at a normal level. Even idle is not that loud. Windows up. All I'm saying is try it...you may like it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if the Hog zawst mode will affect the emission testing. Thinking that some of the gasses will escape at the created spacing thus the emission reader will not get the full amount of exhaust gasses to analyze.

Any thoughts on that?

I am wondering if the Hog zawst mode will affect the emission testing. Thinking that some of the gasses will escape at the created spacing thus the emission reader will not get the full amount of exhaust gasses to analyze.

Any thoughts on that?

I did mine since 2006, been thru 2 emmission test no problem at all.

Has anyone done this in a wagon? How much drone?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Gee last I checked mine is a wagon, no drone. Even without mufflers.

I'm going stage 2 on thursday, Invida up/dp both catless, IRP timc. I'll see what it sounds like with no mufflers, just that big cat thing under the back seat. If it's to loud I'll think about putting a 3" muffler in it's place. I'll keep the custom muffler deletes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

So you just unbolted the mufflers and have the exhaust pointed towards the floor?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No, after I figured the noise wasn't to loud, I had pipes bent up and nice tips put on them. The pipes are larger diameter then the Y pipe. The muffler shop had flanges and gaskets.

There's a picture a few pages back, look for the posting date in late March of this year.

page 83, post #2475

Catless, no mufflers, only the resinator is to loud, think I'm going to put the stock can's back on. In the sound clip sticky in the intake/exhaust thread, post 12 is what I'm hoping for.

I'll wait until spring when I spend the next big chunk of money on the car for a proper 3" cat back.

• 4 months later...
I noticed today that at some point my hogzaust must have come loose because instead of sounding nice, it just sounds like an exhaust leak on a 92 Neon :-/ not cool at all. gotta get under there and fix it once this snow / ice / cold leaves town.

I tried to hogzaust my wagon today but the flanges and bolts are too rusted.. I tried using PB Blaster but no success.

Lots of people have come across this issue.

Some good old fashion breaker bars with the addition of cheater bars usually does the trick. You may need to replace the nut and bolt but thats really not a prob.

Good luck.

I bought a propane torch but have had no luck with it. I did buy some new hardware and washers though so it will happen eventually.

Use some brut force on the spanner:jedi:, sheer the bolts off if you have to, pust the remainder of the bolts through and out of the flanges and replace with the new bolts and nuts:munch:.

No, I am a brokea$$ college student. I have a weak set of tools but I usually make them work. Vice grips are what I have been using. My wrenches are too short to get any leverage on the bolts. I am debating taking it to a muffler shop if I can't break them off by the end of the week.

I'm thinking about pulling teeth out with a string tied to a door knob. If I attach said string from my vice grips to a tree and attach the vice grips to the bolts I should be able to make something happen with out breaking TOO much.:icon_twis