LegacyGT.com

stereo question....

i have an 05 lgt... ive been waiting for a friend to help install, well warm weather is here and i want my bass back! I know there is no aux on the back side of my stock head unit. I purchased a line output converter to hook up on my my rca's. WHERE the hell do i need to install this behind my deck?? Everything else im good with... but help.... please

There's a wiring diagram somewhere on here, try to search for it... or check the vacation pics.

If you're installing the amps in the trunk, you can splice into the rear speakers, otherwise if you pull out the head unit, you can wire directly into either the front or rear speaker outs... Let me see if I can find my wiring harness instructions, might be able to give you the "colors"...

Here you go, based on the 05 metra kit (for the non-auto climate controls, but I'm pretty sure the pin-out is the same... might want to check the vacation pics for verification):

12v ignition --- Red

12v Batt/Memory --- Yellow

Gound --- Black

Pwr Antenna --- Blue

Amp Turnon --- Blue/white

Amp Ground --- Black/white

Illumination --- Orange

Dimmer --- Orange/white

Right Front + --- Gray

Right Front - --- Gray/black

Left F + --- White

Left F - --- White/Black

Right Rear + --- Violet

Right Rear - --- Violet/Black

Left Rear + --- Green

Left Rear - --- Green/Black

Like I said, might want to verify, but hopefully that will help

Not to sound mean but if you don't know how to wire it up after receiving the info from the above post, you may want to get help from someone with car audio experience.

FWIW, the rear speakers in a LGT are in the doors, not the deck, so there's no shortcut there.

John M, dont worry about wiring when it comes to me.. this is the first time ive decided to keep my stock deck... ok

so yeah ill be ripping the deck out and wiring from the back side.. dease42 thanks for the help pal

Archived