LegacyGT.com

DFW (McKinney) LAN Party

executor485

When: Saturday -April 10, 2010

Times: 9AM until whenever (9PM or beyond possibly)

What to bring: Your computer with all components (keyboard, mouse, monitor, cables, headphones, etc), food to cook on the grill or money to order food (pizza, whatever), if you have a foldout table and chairs please bring them as well (There is plenty of space to play, but not a lot of seating/tables).

Games: We play anything and everything. FPS, RTS, whatever the popular vote is really.

Space availability: It all depends on how many tables and chairs we can get. I'm hoping for about 10 people, but we can definitely have more.

Last LAN party we played C&C3 and FEAR Combat, had quite a bit of fun!

Any more information will be added as it becomes available.

Prizes!!! We will have a few misc items for prizes, to find out what you can win, you'll have to show up!

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I might be in. I'll bring painkiller (the game) and No-Doze (not the game). it depends on how busy I am though.

Sounds good! Hopefully we'll have some "BAWLS" energy drink there as well... Cant guarantee it yet, but we should be able to get a case. :)

A daytime LAN? That's unpossible!

I should be able to make it. I just need to obtain a steady supply of coffee until the point at which I switch to beer. You realize there are going to be an assload of Legacies parked about your neighborhood?

Should we start list of other game recommendations?

A daytime LAN? That's unpossible!

I should be able to make it. I just need to obtain a steady supply of coffee until the point at which I switch to beer. You realize there are going to be an assload of Legacies parked about your neighborhood?

Should we start list of other game recommendations?

I wouldnt mind a ton of legacies in my hood :) I'm on a cul de sac, so we can take that whole thing up!!! Yeah baby! And I have some parking in the back as well if we get too many.

I only play Street Fighter 4. Doubt there are any players here. If there is, im down to do a tournament.

Is that available on PC? If so, we can def do a tournament. I'm not opposed to any games per say... Save for MMORPG's, those are not really a good LAN party game... Most of the people that come are casual gamers, so thats aim of all the games we play... Anyone can play them and have fun doing so.

I've got a few people from work registered to come for this already as well... I'm opening this up to the LGT crowd cause I hope to get a good showing, and if we have enough consistent players, we can probably get some good sponsorships for prizes at our events.

I'd like to see us resurrect the old Clancy shooters like Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon. Co-op shooters generally tend to be the best for a new group (people that don't know each other) just because the smack talk that can occur from FFA shooters. Co-ops you really just get some ribbing from people when you mess up some squad tactic. Ghost Recon and old BF1942 (and its mods) are good for that.

So far I've been unable to hack the two recent Total War titles to run on multiple PCs on a LAN. Those would be fun RTS (though a bit more involved than C&C).

I'd like to see us resurrect the old Clancy shooters like Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon. Co-op shooters generally tend to be the best for a new group (people that don't know each other) just because the smack talk that can occur from FFA shooters. Co-ops you really just get some ribbing from people when you mess up some squad tactic. Ghost Recon and old BF1942 (and its mods) are good for that.

So far I've been unable to hack the two recent Total War titles to run on multiple PCs on a LAN. Those would be fun RTS (though a bit more involved than C&C).

I have been at LAN parties where we did the rainbow six/ghost recon games... Very fun time. There is some smack talk in the FFA FPS and such, so for new folks I can see the benefit of co-op games.

Total War is quite possibly too in depth for a typical LAN party, there is almost too much to the game, and it takes a LONG time, but again, all relies on popular vote. I havent tried that game at a LAN, so I havent experienced the issues with game setup.

Ever played or been involved in a clan with Rogue Spear?

is Call Of Duty 2 the same thing as BF1942? cause Call of Duty 2 is awesome and I would love to play that again (I unfortunately do not own a copy). does anyone own a copy of that?

Havent played it yet... Was going to tonight.

The standard practice of LAN parties is the ability to be able to play the games locally. The games cannot be played online, but we ensure that everyone can play the games that are available. While some may view this as the most horrid thing ever, we cannot expect everyone to buy every game. So, after the LAN party, the software can/should be removed... Thus eliminating any "issues" that may arise from the sharing. Again, that is just standard practice, not necessarily the rule or correct method to the madness.

what clan?

I don't even recall. They disbanded after only a month or something.

I never cared for the whole "clan" thing with online FPS. I was constantly being recruited by them in the Clancy games and the old Counterstrike (before it was a retail product). I had a LOT of affiliations, clans that invited me to their servers and even gave me mod access, but I never liked the idea of being tied down to one. I even carried that into the Battlefield series.

I realized the other day after picking up BF2 again that I'm capped on my "rank" since I refuse to play the medic (cheater) class :lol:

I don't even recall. They disbanded after only a month or something.

I never cared for the whole "clan" thing with online FPS. I was constantly being recruited by them in the Clancy games and the old Counterstrike (before it was a retail product). I had a LOT of affiliations, clans that invited me to their servers and even gave me mod access, but I never liked the idea of being tied down to one. I even carried that into the Battlefield series.

I realized the other day after picking up BF2 again that I'm capped on my "rank" since I refuse to play the medic (cheater) class :lol:

Yeah i hear ya, casual player. I used to be a hardcore FPS player in my younger years being involved in tournaments. From Rainbow six to battlefield: Desertcombat. Oh what fun it used to be. Now I just play street fighter 4 casually, thank god for console online gaming.

Have to change the date... I'll update as soon as I can with a new date. Just found out that April 4th is Easter, so quite a few people are going to be out of town and I'll prob be one of them.

I'll repost a date as soon as I can.

• 4 weeks later...

BUMPSKI!!!

Only 5 more days!!!

What: LAN Party

When: Saturday April 10, 2010

Time: 9AM until ???

Where: My house, PM me for directions

Who: You and/or friends you want to invite

What to bring: Your computer/monitor/cables & if you have it, extra table and chairs would be great

Food: Money for pizza, or food to cook on the BBQ grill

Prizes: Yes, there are prizes! To find out what they are, you’ll have to come to the event.

Games: Again, based on popular vote… Ranging from First Person Shooters to Real Time Strategy

Forum: http://www.mark-christian.com/lannage

Hope to see you there!

Damn, I have a poker thing at my boss' place that night. Need a little more infos on the end time or if I can leave my junk there and pick it up later that night or something. I'd rather not leave it in the car while I'm parked in front of his place. PM me the address because he lives off 380 way the hell up there so maybe not far from you anyway.

PM sent

Pretty close to 380. I'm right off the 75 and 121, so bout 5 miles or so.

End time is really whenever people have to leave. If you have to leave early, no problem, wanna stay later, that works too.

I keep forgetting it starts in the morning. So used to LAN parties starting in the afternoon and going on for 2 days straight. The poker event isn't until 7pm anyway so I should be OK to do both.

Yes, that is standard protocol... I know having gamers wake up any time before noon is probably blasphemy, but I figure most of us (and the people I have coming from my job) are working folk with lives. We enjoy casual gaming and cant devote days to it, so a one day LAN is more than sufficient :-)

Archived