LegacyGT.com

2008 WRX Feedback Reaction

RobE

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The car is ugly...its not going to grow on anyone...it's not a matter of ugly headlights....its the whole car...Really a shame..i was looking forward to getting a wrx as my next car....Now ...maybe a used one...sux

i really don't pay much attention to the interior unless i'm actually sitting in it. pictures can't tell that entire story. i mean i have some complaints about the LGT interior but nothing that would stop me from buyin the car. i even have complaints about my tahoe interior but those didn't stop me from buyin that either. but if it's totally non functional then yea, issues, BIG issues!!

You'd think they would learn from the tribeca release. Though subaru's were never known for the best looking cars. Somehow the legacy turned out pretty well.

Actually, I think it is possible to make a big improvement just with the grill and tail lights.

Well, it's hard to see where Subaru would have gone with this. Sure, they could have made it prettier, but I think the STi and other modded cars are going to be much more distinguishable now. That grill changes a lot of the car's character. Some of the photochops of the car are starting to look pretty good. I think Subaru was going for more of a cute look to appeal to a larger crowd.. think Mazda 3 or whatever. I think they failed, but I still think they tried.

What I really wish was that they had touched up the 06-07 model for one more year. I can't find the picture now, but a few months back there was a really good looking car that looked much like the current rex, but only with a more swept back front fascia and more flowing side panels. The thing look amazing.

Subaru just seems like a little kid with a crayon when it comes to car design. And we seem to always be cleaning up their messes.

I saw the Motor Trend article last night. It claims the sedan version will only be sold in North America and the STi will only be sold as hatch (worldwide). For sure this is going to change if or when Subaru realizes that it has just lost millions of buyers world wide. It is cool and acceptable to replace the wagon with the hatch but I think as long as the WRX is offered as sedan and the STi is exclusively sedan, the loyal followeres will be appeased. And the front grille - nothing that a dremel or aftermarket cannot fix.

Eventually yes which is great for us......

But for the first year they will suffer the same sticker shock we did

Current generation STI swap parts are going to become quite valuable;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I saw the Motor Trend article last night. It claims the sedan version will only be sold in North America and the STi will only be sold as hatch (worldwide). For sure this is going to change if or when Subaru realizes that it has just lost millions of buyers world wide. It is cool and acceptable to replace the wagon with the hatch but I think as long as the WRX is offered as sedan and the STi is exclusively sedan, the loyal followeres will be appeased. And the front grille - nothing that a dremel or aftermarket cannot fix.

The rest of the civilized world favors hatchbacks/5 doors. Sedans are a North American thing. Case in point are the VW Golf/Rabbit(US) and Ford Focus 5 doors are top selling cars outside the US. In the US they barely make a dent in sales figures in their hatchback variants.

^agreed...I put that in a survey that Subaru just sent me. A survey about the Legacy I asked to be part of a early look at any Legacy redesigns to ensure we don't get what the WRX/Impreza guys are now getting.

Wonder if they'll read that and how far it will get LOL!

As for this article its good to see actually...Subaru PR, Marketing, and Designers had a bad week last week I bet and its going to get worse before it gets better. I am betting a few people are fearful for their jobs if they haven't lost them already.

Maybe the smallest car company that has a very loyal following that are big enthusist should work with them more and not just 'build it and they will come' THEY AREN'T HONDA!

It's kinda ironic recent Impreza sales have been going up as the platform comes to the end of its lifecycle while newer designs like Legacy & Tribeca are going down. New C&D comparo talked about how out of date the current generation Impreza is.

I like what I've seen of the new interior and I think the hatch will look decent with an aftermarket grill. Sedan looks japanese generic, way too much like a previous generation corolla. As an LGT owner I think its sweet if the Impreza gets a VF-40 and keeps 5x100 wheels.

This new Impreza looks blah, how can Subaru hope to sell WRXs that look like this! Not to mention what this will do to the STI. I'm sure this'll make possible STI buyers jump on the new EVOs. People thought the bugeyed WRXs were bad (which I didn't mind that design) this new design is beyond bad its down right disappointing! :mad:

Archived