LegacyGT.com

timing at idle

CALLAHANS

That actual timing table may call for one value in that range while the Base Timing Idle table may specify another based on coolant temp.

My cars stock timing table calls for 20* @ 800 rpm and .27 load (idle). The base Timing Idle calls for 17* up to coolant temps of 140*F then it drops to 12* for the rest.

On my tuned map, I have 17* @ 800rpm and .27 load and my Base Timing Idle table is now 17* in all cells as well, so the car idles at around 17* of timing always.

for an 05 GT, base timing idle is 11.99. advance is 0, by tapping the gas the timing jumps to ~17 or so based on particular load. here are the three tables from a stg 2 map but looking back at a stock map, same values here-

ss.thumb.JPG.0f558930aea02a7431c205bffd645516.JPG

Anyone know what the timing should be at idle? my RPM is jumping from 699-858 and the timing is jumping from 10.5-23. Every time the timing jumps up the idle drops. ????

You might have cause and effect backward here... I've been told that the ECU will adjust timing to control the idle speed.

Try logging these three:

AF Sensor #1 (AFR)

AF Correction #1 (%)

AF Learning #1 (%)

Engine speed (RPM)

Total timing (degrees)

Throttle opening angle (degrees)

If your AFR is greater than 15:1 (like 16:1 to 18:1), and AF Correction is around +25%, and AF Learning is around +15%, then what you have is a vacuum leak. If not, the log might still be interesting, please post it.

Archived